Menu

Allowing a common set of Globonotes on different computers

Anonymous
2020-06-16
2020-06-20
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2020-06-16

Just came upon Globonote yesterday. I think it's great... Thank you Developers!!! I am NOT a technology person; I am a user of technology. Here's my need and desire...
    I use three (3) different computers: from home (an iMac); from work (a Dell PC); and traveling (a MacBook Air). Each has sufficient capacity and power. My question: Can I have one set of common GloboNotes that are active and up-to-date for the computer I am on, and which are added to, modified/edited, delete or created as my work progresses on that computer and saved, so that whichever of the three computer I am operating next, my GloboNotes are "current" and up-to-date? I want to believe the answer is Yes, and if so, how do I accomplish this goal? One more piece of data: I also use one common DropBox account that services all three of my computers simultaneously. Awaiting your advice, method and process to meet my goal and need. In advance, thank you much! ...

• William Chan

William Chan - 2020-06-20

Hi, one option i can think is to put your GloboNote repository in a shared drive (ex. DropBox folder). All 3 computers can install GloboNote and point to that repository. But things to NOTE:
    1. You should make sure only 1 GloboNote is accessing the repository at a time. You cannot have 3 computers access GloboNote repository at same time.
    2. Shutdown GloboNote before switching to other machine
    3. Make sure to backup your repository from time to time. I haven't tried this approach myself so not 100% sure what will happen or if it will corrupt your data.

Hope that helps.

👍

Last edit: William Chan 2020-06-20

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel