First of all, thanks for making a new release that works on El Capitan. I have been using some other build that lacked the resynthesizer and other plug-ins that come bundled with this release and I really missed those.

There is one horribly annoying bug though in the new release that really should be fixed. This bug was also present in the older versions, but there it was only intermittent. Now it is consistent, which will hopefully also make it easier to debug.

When using the rectangle, ellipse, free select or select-by-color tools, pressing the command key will cause these tools to switch to ‘subtract’ mode. They are supposed to return to the previous mode when releasing the command key, but they don't.
I find myself constantly making selections that vanish into oblivion because of this bug. This can be infuriating when making intricate selections with the free form tool because. I need to push the ‘replace selection’ button every time I want to make a selection because obviously the command key is pressed every few seconds to invoke menu commands. I would really appreciate it if this bug would be eliminated.

Edit: sorry, it is not consistent, but I do have found a surefire way to reproduce it:
1. Open an image in GIMP
2. Choose the Free Select tool and put it into normal (replace) mode
3. Go to another application
4. Click on the GIMP icon in the Dock to go back to GIMP
5. Press the command key
You will see the tool switching to subtract mode, but not back when you release the key.

Another way to trigger it:
1. Open two existing images in GIMP
2. Choose the Free Select tool and put it into normal (replace) mode
3. Switch to the other image window and press the command key

Last edit: Alexander Thomas 2017-02-25