Menu

Project Photographs

Anobium
2018-07-17
2018-07-24
<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)
  • Moto Geek

Moto Geek - 2018-07-23

Ok, gotcha... I need to try one of those out soon, looks like a great library.

• David Stephenson

Here's my latest project a follow up to my last spectrophotometer. This has a better diode array, improved optics and a faster higher resolution screen.

• mkstevo

mkstevo - 2018-07-24

This is an 'enhanced logic probe' I call the Simple Scope. It records the High/Low transitions and after a short period of inactivity automatically plays back the activity on the LCD screen. It attempts to auto-scale the display so that long times between transitions do not completely fill the memory space, and fast transitions are shown with as much detail as possible.

• mkstevo

mkstevo - 2018-07-24

I made a Music Box. This uses a DfPlayer MP3 module with a uSD card to play music. It can use the on board mini loudspeakers, headphones or auxilliary outputs to play the tracks either sequentially, repeatedly or randomly. The five buttons provide all functionality most having multiple functions depending on the duration of the press, and the current operating mode. I use this one non stop, 24/7 as it feeds an audio signal into a small medium wave transmitter that is used to provide a collection of valve radios with a signal, most importantly it gives my 1950 clock radio a signal to wake me up every morning.

• mkstevo

mkstevo - 2018-07-24

Most recently I made a Binary, Decimal and Hexadecimal Calculator. This performs (16bit) calculations and provides the answer in binary, decimal and hexadecimal at the same time. The data entry can be in any one of the bin/dec/hex notations, with sums being able to be entered in combinations so that you can add (b)100 to (d)100 then add (h)100 to the result, with the answer given in all three notations. I find this really useful as the answers given are the ones that should be expected when performing a calculation within a GCB program when a program performs that calculation. Simple logical calculations can also performed, such as And, Or, Xor as well as Not. Which again is very useful for me to see the result of 'masking' values using 'And'. I did consider extending the scope to 32bits, but haven't got any further than considering it for the moment. The calculator is powered by a micro USB socket. As I use it when I'm on the computer, I made it computer powered.

Last edit: mkstevo 2018-07-24
<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)