Menu

Project Photographs

Anobium
2018-07-17
2018-07-24
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Anobium

Anobium - 2018-07-17

Can you help with your projects photographs?

I need lots and lots of photographs. A shot on an LCD, a rocket, a robot, a set of wire, weapon systems, death rays, environmental system.

I am sure you have lots. I want to use to inspire people.

Please send or attach.

Most grateful,

Evan

• JANIS

JANIS - 2018-07-17

ooooh. I have a lots of projects ..... :)

• Anobium

Anobium - 2018-07-17

oooohhh. Get them uploaded!!

• JANIS

JANIS - 2018-07-17

Photo or video also? program code also?

• JANIS

JANIS - 2018-07-17

Photo or video also? program code also?

• Anobium

Anobium - 2018-07-17

Photos are key, if you have YouTube then the URL excellent.
      Do not need the program code,

• stan cartwright

stan cartwright - 2018-07-17

a few for now. I guess you used projects I posted to share my enthusiasm for using gcb.
    gcb won't make you a good basic programmer,no more than vb would, but both make programming in basic worth while.
    As vb made win programs easy, gcb does the same for micro controllers.
    My inspiration is from youtube/google..what others have done..and that it can be done with gcb. I can't rip off others code..cos I don't do c++. I have to start from scratch.
    Anobium,you do a great job updating gcb for hardware that's supported by arduino/raspberry pi.
    The new pic stuff is brill to. That could be of interest to users wanting a simpler way..or in fact the only way, to use newer pic features.
    galaxians https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pys3Y8_bns&feature=youtu.be
    gauge/dial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_CZIEapRk4&feature=youtu.be
    robot face/voice https://youtu.be/hMJvgKMIudI

Last edit: stan cartwright 2018-07-17
  • JANIS

JANIS - 2018-07-17

This is my first watchdog variant, which I've allready published last year. But I need to take photos for other projects .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJEjhuT9adM&t=25s

• Moto Geek

Moto Geek - 2018-07-18

A DMX lighting effects generator using GCB...

This was a project I did for a buddy. It has about a dozen DMX lighting effects that are controlled using the 2 pots and modes are selected using the two green pushbuttons. There is an led that pulses what mode its in. There are also about 10 different DMX effects that are synced to a line level audio input. The MSGEQ7 chip is reading the audio and then the PIC does some cool visual effects and spits them out using the DMX protocol.

GCB made this doable for me and the results were really incredible. I will try to post some video of the effects that it does soon.

Last edit: Moto Geek 2018-07-19
  • Moto Geek

Moto Geek - 2018-07-18

Here is one of the first projects I ever made with GCB. An audio "magic 8 ball", if you will...

It uses a PIC12f1840, a catalex mp3 player module, a small 3 watt mono amplifier, a 4" speaker and a tilt switch connected to a Nchannel - Pchannel mosfet circuit to power up, and then the pic turns itself off. The nine volt battery has been working for about 3 years now. I designed the PCB and got 10 for a few bucks in China.

When you tip the box, the circuit powers up and plays a random mp3 clip and then shuts itself completely off again, until the next time. I came upon the cool box as a gift set of drink coasters from Courvoisier at a trade show. I liked them so much they gave me a dozen of the sets and most have become project boxes... lol.

The box...

The bottom of the box... I laser cut the speaker holes and added the rubber feet so sound would travel a bit better. It really sounds excellent!

Everything stuffed inside....

All the components. You can see the little PIC12f1840 as a dip and the rest of the parts were all through hole... The little black cylindrical dohicky is the tilt switch. The catalex mp3 player is soldered directly to the pcb and the other small pcb is the audio amp.

Here is a pic of the PCB and the MP3 module... 2015, ahhh, the good old years...

Last edit: Moto Geek 2018-07-19
  • Moto Geek

Moto Geek - 2018-07-19

Here is a pic of the Reggae Horn project that I described in another post. It has been mounted to my motorcycle for a while now and a few friends have built their own.

The circuit was hand wired on a perf board and the blue PCB is a sixty watt mono audio amp that drives the horn speaker. VERY LOUD!

Mine has quite a few sounds on it including a reggae horn (of course), a train horn, truck horn, etc... It is very effective and a lot louder than my original stock horn. I used GCB with this and it works flawlessly everytime.

• Moto Geek

Moto Geek - 2018-07-19

• bed

bed - 2018-07-19

Time to exchange the Photos on the GCB Website as well. What do others think?

• Peter

Peter - 2018-07-21

Not sure if this quite fits the bill...
    Spiders

• JANIS

JANIS - 2018-07-21

1 button code lock, which has been working for 4 years now! My home door is guarded by the PIC 16F886 , a random number type code is generated and the code must be unlocked with 1 button :)

• JANIS

JANIS - 2018-07-21

My passat turbo pressure & status indicator , info from passat MAP sensor

• JANIS

JANIS - 2018-07-21

outdoor temperature indicator DS18B20, and home status indicator PIC16F886. The status is transmitted using the serial port between the other 886.

• JANIS

JANIS - 2018-07-21

Home control system PIC16F886. The home status (heating system status, fan status, door status, security system status etc) is transmitted to the temperature display (previous photo) through the serial port.

• Chris Roper

Chris Roper - 2018-07-21

Some great stuff here, very inspirational, keep them coming.
    You have my creative juices flowing again and I bet I am not the only one.

Time to hit the Workbench and Keyboard to tweak some more Bits.
    Who's going to join me?

• stan cartwright

stan cartwright - 2018-07-22

wot bits? :) I got more stuff than you can wave an iron at that needs sorting. Someone's done it in c++.

• Anobium

Anobium - 2018-07-22

Then, post photos. High quality of course.

• stan cartwright

join me...
    what is worthy?
    stuff done before but not in gcb?
    everything's been done before....well has anyone done a 6 leg robot with horizontal hip and a vertical axis "knee" and "ankle"..not really.
    Evan,you sort second #define PCA9685_ADDRESS 0x80 ie 2nd device and I'll show the 1st 6 leg gcb walker....
    1st device is 16 channels...I need 18 channels..so use 2 boards
    no-ones done it before..lookslike.
    I want to try arduino projects using gcb...just me?
    don't say write yourinterface . If it was easy arduino users wouldn't rely on include files ...er like gcb users do

• Moto Geek

Moto Geek - 2018-07-22

i'm confused sometimes.... but thats just me...

• stan cartwright

@Moto Geek-Even has done pca9685 for ONE device not the addressing device 2,3,4,...on same i2c bus....on holiday
      data sheet mentions 0x40 as base address but that's arduino.
      another fun device

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)