Menu

New Install Problems

Keith
2012-01-02
2022-12-22
  • Keith

Keith - 2012-01-02

Santa was really good to me this year and brought me a New Supa Dupa Computa, an Intel I5 quad core with tons of other mega fast resources and goodies inside the shinny black box. I am busy transfering all my Aps, Utils and data from my old steam driven machine to my new one, but for some reason GCB will not run properly. A fresh instance of GCB comes up with an immediate Application Error Message which says, 'The application failed to initialise properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK  to terminate the application'.

This seems to be a core fuinction error to me. Has anyone else had this problem? is there a patch about to remedy this?

• Hugh Considine

Hugh Considine - 2012-01-02

That's an easy one, although it might not appear that way from the cryptic error! It just means that you need to install the Microsoft .NET Framework on your new PC. GCGB requires version 1.1 or higher, while some of the PICkit 2 software (if you're using it) needs .NET 2.0 or higher.

Best bet is download the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=19 - that should make GCGB behave itself!

• Nobody/Anonymous

Excellent…. THANK YOU !

Happy New Year

• Keith

Keith - 2012-01-02

O'PPs Forgot to log in …

Excellent…. THANK YOU !

Happy New Year

• Nobody/Anonymous

Thanks, had the same issue but the solution has resolved it!

• finchley

finchley - 2015-01-18

I'm running Win_7 64-Bit with .NET Framework 4.5.1 installed and GCGB does not run at all. I even had both Task Manager/Process Explorer running (not at the same time) in order to see if it even shows up for a bit but I did not observe it. Anyone else having problems with .NET > 3.0 (there was a post that someone was successful with version 3)?

• Anobium

Anobium - 2015-01-27

No issues reported.

• Dmitry

Dmitry - 2022-12-21

Im too. Win 7 32, Net FW 4.62. GC studio does not run at all, says nothing. The same files in Win XP says "Its not a Win32 application".

• Angel Mier

Angel Mier - 2022-12-22

Hi Dmitry, and welcome; Win 7 Service Pack 1 is supported but its REQUIRED to at least have installed this security updates from Microsoft:
    KB4474419, KB2999226.
    Choose the 32bit ones as you have that OS, and try again.

GC Studio uses .Net 7.0 (not to be confused with Net Framework) but it is automatically added when installing.

This is and old post, so please respond on the main support thread of GC Studio:
    https://sourceforge.net/p/gcbasic/discussion/596084/thread/2f0beef127/

I hope that I can be of help, and if this didn't work just tell me, I'm here for you.

Angel

Last edit: Angel Mier 2022-12-22
  • stan cartwright

stan cartwright - 2022-12-22

I just tried my win7 laptop and gcstudio 99.xxx did not auto update.
    Force update needed net.
    press to install . Did.
    Now GCstudio stuck.
    Where is link to latest download please... not github, I can not figure out github.
    Cheers
    KB4474419, KB2999226. do not work.

Last edit: stan cartwright 2022-12-22