Menu

fps

betalo
2014-08-31
2014-10-25
  • Rodrigo Robles

Rodrigo Robles - 2014-10-25

Hi Betalo,

I'm sorry for the late response, I believe that was some problem on the notification e-mail and I only saw your message today.

Unfortunately the FPS will not improve running a local server, the CPU is all used for the rendering. The performance you described for your second PC is almost the same I got on a notebook with an i3 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M. Some models are a bit heavy, the majority of the buildings, humans and monsters have more than a thousand polygons each. We plan some optimizations to improve the performance in the future.

Thanks for your detailed report, we're working at all the itens you described:

1 - "I'm stuck in a hole at the stairs of the castle, cant move any more and i cant kill myself to respawn outside"
    It was possible because the collision had a "pushback" behaviour that push back the player a few centimeters when collide. There was not collision backwards so if you was in a corner you could pass through the wall backwards. We changed this behaviour to not push back anymore so we hope that will not happen again. The last release published are working with this new behaviour.

2 - "sometime there is music and sometine nomore"
    Under heavy CPU/disk load, specially when loading scenarios on-the-fly, the music stops. To solve this problem we're working to create a separated thread for music/sound.

3 - "cow in the sky"
    That was funny :) This problem is caused because of tuning of collision detection for movement of the creatures. We made some balancing in the specs and it looks better in the last version.

4 - "I was stuck in the field probably because of the textures that do not appear;"
    You was pretty right on that. There was a missing texture, this was fixed in the last release published.

5 - "when I jump from the top of the castle, I always 100% health"
    Don't do that in real life :)
    We should work on this for the next release.

I see in the screenshots that you found at least more two bugs:

6 - Wrong order on drawing objects
    Sometimes this happens because objects is drawn far from near to satisfy transparent objects. But sometimes it's tricky because de ground objects are too large, and the distance is calculated from the center of the objects. The solution of course should be draw the ground first anyway.

7 - Near grounds not loaded
    The ground was loaded only when it was too close. That was changed to load grounds that are further.

The last version available (0.22.4) fixed the majority of this issues, and we are working on the remainings.

Best regards,

Rodrigo.