Menu

Getting close to releasing version 0.60

Help
2021-10-05
2021-10-08
  • Michael Setzer II

Have been working on a few final issues.
    Have redone the syslinux iso setup to just have 2 kernels versus the 5, since haven't heard of people needing to run older kernels as had happened in past. Also, changed the default to use 800x600, but also have option to use vga ask to set other higher resolutions, but no big reason. 640x480 is a little tight. It also has the HDT, that I haven't found a way to get to work with grub4dos or grub2.
    Have the g4lefi.iso that has grub4dos to boot in regular usb mode and grub2 to boot in UEFI mode. This also has the latest 5.14.9 kernel and 5.15.rc4 kernels. Also, has the default option 800x600, and vga=ask for both. The UEFI boot doesn't allow one to set resolution at all, so it just has two kernel option. I had an issue with getting weird distorted video on the 5.15.rcx kernels. Figured out two config options had to be turned off to fix it, but no real knowledge why?? Just tired things until it worked.
    I've also been able to get the grub4dos EFI boot option to work, so have another setup that has both regular usb and efi usb runnning the grub4dos. Just a difference in EFI subdirectory, kernels and ramdisk.lzma all the same.

• Michael Setzer II

Just put a new version out of the testing. Have the iso that can be copied to a flash using dd or rufus or other burner to flash. It sets up a 64M FAT32 partition with a gpt setup. Will wipe everything on flash with the process. Uses about 85% of the 64M for the 2 10M kernel files (5.14.10 and 5.15.rc4) and the about 30M ramdisk.lzma file. Uses grub4dos for the regular usb booting, and also uses grub4dos efi for the UEFI boot. Memtest86+ is available with regular usb boot, but doesn't work with UEFI boot.. Also, changed the default to use 800x600 for regular usb boot. UEFI boot uses the resolution that is returned by EFI process which is generally even higher.
    Have seen a few downloads of previous files, but haven't seen any feedback. Usually if something doesn't work, one hears something..
    I've tried the rufus to create flash, and it seems to work fine.