A new public beta of the next version of Fuse for Mac OS X has been released. This is based on the 0.9.0 release of the Fuse emulator, and a final release will be made if no major issues arise from the release.
Changes since the last beta:
* Correct emulator texture distortion.
* Refactor display link starting and stopping and try to only stop and start the display link at appropriate times, add support for panoramic fullscreen mode.
* Disable Tape->Record menu item when tape traps are enabled.
* Move to XCode 2.5 and 10.4 target for all frameworks. Link to libbz2 in /usr/lib instead of framework.
* Add 512x512 pixel icon for Fuse.
* Spotlight importer should be in Contents/Library/Spotlight, not PlugIns
* Fixes to emulation window closing when the close window widget was used.
* Clear stuck shortcut keys when calling up dialogs.
* Add entries for newly-supported tape and snap formats.
* Ignore any shortcuts that raise dialogs in fullscreen mode.
Changes since the last release 0.8.0.1:
* Switch to using OpenGL, CoreAudio and Cocoa for video, sound and user interaction and cease to use SDL.
* Run emulation in a separate thread.
* Merge in changes from upstream Fuse release 0.9.0
o Add +D disk interface support (Stuart Brady).
o New floppy disk controller emulation for +D and Beta (aka TR-DOS) disk interface emulation (Gergely Szasz and Stuart Brady).
o Add Pentagon 512 and Pentagon 1024 emulation (Q-Master).
o Fix contention for LD?R, CP?R and IN?R (Philip Kendall; thanks, Mark Woodmass).
o Fix undocumented flags after BIT n,(IX+d) instructions (Philip Kendall).
o Fix undocumented behaviour of DAA (Stuart Brady).
o Separate out contention when MREQ isn't active, as the +2A/+3 ULA applies contention only when MREQ is active (Philip Kendall).
o Add Hi-Fi beeper option for improved reproduction of multi-channel beeper tunes (e.g. Fairlight 2, Wham - the Music Box) (Fredrick Meunier).
o Add support for saving tape images without using tape traps (Fredrick Meunier).
o Add support for loading from WAV tape images (Fredrick Meunier).
o Add support for saving CSW tape images and TZX direct recording blocks (Fredrick Meunier).
o Add support for loading from SPC, STA and LTP tape formats (Stuart Brady).
o Allow distinction between "soft" resets (activing the reset line on the Z80) and "hard" resets (pulling the power) (Stuart Brady).
o Fixes for handling of corrupt SZX, TZX and Warajevo TAP files (mostly Philip Kendall).
o Add support for saving Interface I state information to z80 and szx snapshots (Fredrick Meunier).
* Merge in changes from upstream lib765-0.4.1 and libdsk-1.1.14 (+3 bugfixes).
* Make sure we clean up temporary files from all media, not just tapes.
* Stop processing keypresses in the emulator when the command key is pressed.
* Various other minor bugfixes.
Log in to post a comment.