Nested exception: Could not determine the type of file

Help
TomasH
2014-01-03
2014-01-05
  • TomasH

TomasH - 2014-01-03

Hi,

I have just installed Fullsync on a 32 bit Windows Vista machine. I would like to use ftp to sync a local file directory with a Netgear Stora NAS. I get the exception below immediately. Could the "permission denied" be something caused by the server (e.g. the NAS?).

The "/home/0common/FamilyMusic" referred in the error report is the remote directory I'd like to copy to.

When in "Edit profile" the remote subcirectories are listed correctly on the Subcirectories tab, so the ftp connection seems to be OK.

Cheers / Tomas

net.sourceforge.fullsync.FileSystemException: Nested exception: Could not determine the type of file "ftp://10.0.0.24/home/0common/FamilyMusic".
    nested exception:
    org.apache.commons.vfs2.FileSystemException: Could not determine the type of file "ftp://10.0.0.24/home/0common/FamilyMusic".
    at org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.AbstractFileObject.getType(AbstractFileObject.java:505)
    at org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.AbstractFileObject.exists(AbstractFileObject.java:477)
    at net.sourceforge.fullsync.fs.connection.CommonsVfsConnection.<init>(CommonsVfsConnection.java:52)
    at net.sourceforge.fullsync.fs.filesystems.FTPFileSystem.createConnection(FTPFileSystem.java:46)
    at net.sourceforge.fullsync.FileSystemManager.createConnection(FileSystemManager.java:78)
    at net.sourceforge.fullsync.impl.AbstractTaskGenerator.execute(AbstractTaskGenerator.java:131)
    at net.sourceforge.fullsync.Synchronizer.executeProfile(Synchronizer.java:65)
    at net.sourceforge.fullsync.ui.MainWindow.doRunProfile(MainWindow.java:631)
    at net.sourceforge.fullsync.ui.MainWindow.access$400(MainWindow.java:56)
    at net.sourceforge.fullsync.ui.MainWindow$28.run(MainWindow.java:607)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: recv failed
    at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
    at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.readBytes(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.implRead(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.__getReply(FTP.java:295)
    at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.sendCommand(FTP.java:495)
    at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.sendCommand(FTP.java:537)
    at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.sendCommand(FTP.java:586)
    at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.pasv(FTP.java:935)
    at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.openDataConnection(FTPClient.java:586)
    at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.initiateListParsing(FTPClient.java:2545)
    at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.initiateListParsing(FTPClient.java:2519)
    at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.listFiles(FTPClient.java:2275)
    at org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.ftp.FTPClientWrapper.listFilesInDirectory(FTPClientWrapper.java:135)
    at org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.ftp.FTPClientWrapper.listFiles(FTPClientWrapper.java:125)
    at org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.ftp.FtpFileObject.doGetChildren(FtpFileObject.java:140)
    at org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.ftp.FtpFileObject.getChildFile(FtpFileObject.java:110)
    at org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.ftp.FtpFileObject.getInfo(FtpFileObject.java:199)
    at org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.ftp.FtpFileObject.doGetType(FtpFileObject.java:327)
    at org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.AbstractFileObject.getType(AbstractFileObject.java:496)
    ... 10 more

• Christoph

Christoph - 2014-01-03

hi, the issue you are describing seems to be caused by a bug from microsoft.
    please try to open the fullsync.ini file in the installation directory and add a line containing (below the main.class= line):
    vmarg.1=-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

save the file and restart FullSync

please let me know if that resolved the issue for you

Br,
    Christoph

• TomasH

TomasH - 2014-01-05

Yes, solved the problem. Thanks!

I have another not so serious problem: FullSync warns that the recently ftp:ed files to the NAS has changed, although they haven't. This is not so serious and I can live with it I guess, I'm just getting a warning for each file about this when running Publish/Update mode. It seems in Filezilla that the update time of day (clock) for files on the NAS can not be set or read, so I guess the sync function has problems with that (and that the lack of time-of-day is a problem in the NAS interface).

Cheers / Tomas

• Christoph

Christoph - 2014-01-05

thanks for letting me know!
    yeah lots of FTP servers don't support setting the modification time (or provide accurate means of reading it).