Menu

how to exclude many folders?

Help
2014-10-08
2014-10-26
  • Igor Velkov

Igor Velkov - 2014-10-08

I try to use FullSync to backup content of internal disk of android device.
    There tons of "backup" apps for android, but I found no one who can backup not "program data", no sort of specific data, like "sms, call history, address book, photos, music", but "internal sdcard filesystem".

There tons of empty folders, and some folders with caches I don't need to backup.
    Try to make a list of uddeeded folders very complicated, much easier to do it with browser you already implemented.

But I just don't know how to use browser to exclude something from backup task?
    In general I need cases:

1. just exclude folder and all files and subfolders
    2. exclude all files in folder, but include subfolders and it content
    3. 1 or 2, but still take 1 or 2 file file with known name, like ".nomedia".

Is it possible? How can I do it?

• Christoph

Christoph - 2014-10-08

Hi,
    I think your best option here is to just backup everything, the amount of time needed to setup the exclude / include rules is just too high for the few hundred MB you could save.

Br,
    Christoph

• Igor Velkov

Igor Velkov - 2014-10-15

18000 cache of map tiles one map program, 6000 other geo-related program does means.

Do you say me I just can't take one folder in deep of tree, and can't exclude entire subtree at other place?

• Christoph

Christoph - 2014-10-26

an example:
    lets assume your Android internal disk is available at drive X:, and the path to the folder you want to ignore is X:/data/some.map.program/cache/ you can create a profile that syncs the entire X: drive to some other disk and ignore the map cache by creating a filter (on the Filters Tab, make sure you enable Use file filter):
    set to Exclude, and any, enable Applies to directories
    add a row that has File path contains and enter data/some.map.program/cache (note the slashes! also on Windows)

now FullSync will exclude any files in that directory from the sync
    and that way you could also add multiple locations to exclude.

Sorry for the late answer, I had a busy week...

HTH,
    Christoph