Menu

RS422 testing help

2012-10-27
2023-02-23
<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)
  • Ch Nero

Ch Nero - 2015-06-05

David,

I am re-posting this. I thought I had replied to this, but dont see my post; perhaps I did not finish it...

Thank you for the above information. Yes I had known I coud find this with running the simulation; but it is a major effort for me to get a compile setup.

So it seems the outputs you are providing is all the stuff that I see on the small panel on my Fronius inverter, but of course I can see it on my computer :). Yes, yours is written very general purpose for all the Fronius inverters and even will work for larger commercial scale installations. Well done.

Once I have the hardware interface working, I am now inclined to write a tiny script to just get the pwr now data and to a file, which I can see as a webpage.It looks like I may be able to fit this inside the router (not much memory left). With the help form you, I think I will attempt this. BTW, I had done a similar software for my older small grid connected solar system of 20 yrs ago, with my own data (current/voltage) gathering homebrew hardware. Maybe I will get energetic to write an Android app to use that database :)

Thank you for all your help!

• sithyoda

sithyoda - 2015-06-10

After further, deep investigation i found out, that RS422 is definetly not usable for our plan when using a fronius IG "only" inverter. With the newer IG plus, the protocol can be chanced to "IFP", where fslurp might work via RS422 too.
    So the ComCard in my old IG30 is just for powering the datalogger card v1.2.
    Unfortunately i am still not able to get fslurp working via the RS232 pc port.
    Is there anybody running fslurp on a "Fronius Datalogger Card 4,070,764 V 1.2A"? Is it supported at all?

• Sven Middelkoop

Sven Middelkoop - 2018-02-12

Many - many years later, I can confirm that fslurp works excellent in combination with the Fronius IG TL over RS422 in full-dublex mode.
    - I used a RS422 HAT (Shield) for my Pi 3B from HWHARDSOFT in Germany (https://www.hwhardsoft.de/2017/10/07/rs422-rs485-raspberry-pi-hat/)
    - The DATCOM setting on the Fronius inverter has been set to INTERFACE.
    - For some unknown reason, I had to reverse the A and B line.
    Kudo's for David, fslurp still works excellent after so many years after it's conception!

• David Stone

David Stone - 2018-02-12

Thanks! That is nice to hear. Our home system has been collecting data every 5 minutes during the daytime, for the past eight years or so.

heatmap

• Jeremy Swanson

Jeremy Swanson - 2022-01-24

Hi David, Very useful project for working out how the rs422 stuff works. I have a rs422 to ethernet convertor attached to my invertor which works well. How easy is it to modify the code to talk to a tcp port rather than a serial device?
    Jeremy.

• David Stone

David Stone - 2022-01-24

I imagine not too hard if you have experience in C++ and the TCP stack.

It would take adding a layer of abstraction in the Comm class, allowing for different implementations (serial and network) based upon a command line option. The network version would need to work out connection management and implement readBytes() and writeBytes().

• David

David - 2023-02-23

Hi,
    Does anyone know the serial settings for the latest solar net from Fronius?
    I have 2 SYMO inverters I want to connect via RS422 but I need to use a serial/ethernet converter as they are some distance apart.

<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)