Menu

Freeplane 1.5 . what template are new maps defaulting to?

Ken Hill
2015-12-20
2015-12-21
  • Ken Hill

Ken Hill - 2015-12-20

In FP 1.5x, I would like to start a new map generally following the J.Batista principles. But I'd like to make some tweaks. For example, I'd like to make node details be Calibri and a smaller size than the node defaults.

I'd like that to be my starting point for new maps. But these new maps don't seem to use
    C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Freeplane\1.5.x\templates\standard.mm

Where are new maps pulling their settings from and how can I make the default new map, including tweaks, stick for the next new map?

Last edit: Ken Hill 2015-12-20
  • Dimitry Polivaev

FP1.5.x uses template map called BigMap.mm as a default. If you put it to your user template directory C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Freeplane\1.5.x\templates\ you could edit it there, but I rather recommend to save it there under an other name and to change preference Environment->Files->Standard template file

• Ken Hill

Ken Hill - 2015-12-20

Thanks. BTW - Freeplane just keeps getting better and better. I installed Freemind to follow along a couple of tutorials and realized anew how much more advanced Freeplane is. And that was before I knew about 1.5.

• Jonas

Jonas - 2015-12-21

I'm working in a complete series of videos.

I'm trying to create them as fast as I can but University takes me too much time, much more than I expected.

I'm starting with basic ideas and explanation, and in the end there will be super expert level videos so everyone can enjoy Freeplane in its highest performance.

This is one personal and independent channel that I created.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh5L_Fyyymhf6X6TnzAMbsg/videos

Cheers and best regards.