Menu

A panel showing recently viewed nodes of a map?

2018-12-01
2018-12-06
  • Robertonisola

Robertonisola - 2018-12-01

Hi everyone,

When working with a map, many times we have to move back and forth between recently opened nodes in order to read and update information for them.

Therefore it would be great if we could have a panel showing a list of recently viewed nodes, for example, 10 recently viewed nodes would be perfect.

The panel might be a floating panel.

Is there anyway to implement this panel via groovy? If there is, please show me some guidelines, thank you.

• Ken Hill

Ken Hill - 2018-12-02

+1

My take :
    I would find it very convenient and consistent with other windows apps, if I the "back" and "forward" buttons had a drop-down history list I could choose from. It could be invoked either by hovering over the button, maintaining a left-click, or a right-click. That's the way most browsers work.

If you make a feature request ticket, I'd vote for it (I think I recall that as an option).

• Robertonisola

Robertonisola - 2018-12-03

Hi Ken,

I have created the ticket.

Thank you.

• C Chiu

C Chiu - 2018-12-02

+1 for me too.
    I am often very deep into a map and then hit Esc by mistake and it takes me to the root node.

Now I have to find my way back so a feature like [BACK] would be very useful.

• quickfold

quickfold - 2018-12-03

@C Chiu, although I agree that this feature should be implemented, I've found that when I hit ESC by mistake, hitting the left-arrow many times somehow automatically chooses the right nodes so that I end up at the node I was at when I hit ESC. It remembers the right path or something.

• C Chiu

C Chiu - 2018-12-03

Wow you're right.
    I didnt know that trick!
    Thanks.

• nnako

nnako - 2018-12-03

@C Chiu, by pressing <ALT> + <LEFT> and <ALT> + <RIGHT> (default on windows systems) you can jump to the previous and next node within the node selection history. It works even for all your opened maps, so that you can e.g. jump back from an activated map link. In effect, after accidentally pressing ESC you don't have to press <LEFT> or <RIGHT> multiple times. Just <ALT> + <LEFT> once.

• Robertonisola

Robertonisola - 2018-12-03

Hi nnako,

Is there any hotkey to jump back to previous nodes of only one map (the active map)?

In many situations, jumping back to previous nodes of all opened maps is not what I want to do.

Thank you.

• C Chiu

C Chiu - 2018-12-06

Thanks @nnako.
      This doesn't work if your last keyboard was Esc though.
      Then I think you just use <right> to get back.</right>

• nnako

nnako - 2018-12-03

@Robertonisola, I wouldn't know. As far as I've used the history, I always saw a map-jumping node history. Maybe another user knows better?

• Dimitry Polivaev

I am reading all your posts. Currently I am too busy to respond, but I am going to come back to all issues after the 20th of December.

Regards
    Dimitry