Menu

How to deselect all nodes?

2017-04-14
2022-05-01
  • Pieter van Oostrum

I have tried to find a way to deselect all nodes, but have been unable to find it. There seems to be always at least one node selected. Now when I expaort a map to PDF the selected node is also highlighted in the PDF. I would like none of the nodes selected in the PDF.
    I am using 1.5.20 on Mac OS. I have just started using Freeplane, and mind mapping in general. Please forgive me if I overlooked something.

• Ken Hill

Ken Hill - 2017-04-14

Workaround ? -- you can change the selection color by going to menubar > Tools > Preferences. In the preferences dialog, choose the Appearance tab and find the "Selection colors" section. If you change the colors to white (or whatever your background color is) it should not highlight the currrently selected node. You can change the bubble color and standard selected node color.

But you'll probably want to go back after your PDF export and change the color(s) back to something like the original.

Last edit: Ken Hill 2017-04-14
  • Dimitry Polivaev

If you print a map or export is as image, selection should not be visible. Are you sure it is?

Unfortunately export to PDF and to SVG is not supported in coming version 1.6.x because of incompatibility of different libraries we use.

• Pieter van Oostrum

Yes, also on printing the selection color is visible. Maybe it's a bug.
    For 1.6.x, on MacOs, fortunately you can create PDFs with the printing dialog. But I hope in 1.6.x the selection color will not be printed.

• Pieter van Oostrum

I have my map backgrounds white now, and that solves the problem. Before it was gray, I don't know why.

• Dimitry Polivaev

You must have activated presentation mode which dims all currently not selected nodes.

• harlock73

harlock73 - 2019-08-21

Hello. I'm new to freeplane. I love it. But when i use it as a slide show (i made the slides in presentation tab), i find it disturbing that in each slide a node is selected, and that this node is in the selection color.

My fist slide show the main node (blue because selected) an the first son (yellow). The second slide show the first son and his sons. the first son shoud be yellow, but it is selected so it appears blue. Its disturbing for the audience that the same objet is of different colors in 2 following slides.

Is it possible that when i play the slideshow, no node is selected in it? So that the node colors are exactly the one i defined, and not the selection color?

I searched in the manual, on the forum, on google, and i'm stuck. I intend to use at least 3 nodelevels, so 3 colors, and i can't just all set them to the selection color as a workaround. Setting the selection color to white or with alpha channel to 0 didn't make it.

Thank you for any help.

• Volker Börchers

As far as I know it's impossible to deselect all nodes: There is always one single node which receives input and which is used a starting point for navigation using the arrow keys.

But you can adjust the look of the selected nodes (settings -> look -> selection colors). I hope that you will find appropriate visuals for your presentation.

Volker

👍
  • Peter Arnold

Peter Arnold - 2022-04-30

Hello everybody! Newbie here... :) hopefully I am wrong on this but guys we seem to be going backwards on this selection colour leakage issue since the OP asked for help in Apr 2017. I just started off with the latest Windows version, and the selection colour really does come through when printing. AND when exporting (to PDF at least). And there is no longer even any workaround that I can find; both the Preferences paths suggested by others above are missing from Freeplane as of Apr 2022, and I can't see that it's anywhere else in Preferences. I'm attaching a screenshot of the Appearance tab as it is today. Please tell me I'm blind and it is there really?!! Or someone has another workaround perhaps... otherwise please can someone consider a fix to prevent the UI selection from leaking through to these outputs. Many thanks, and happy Freeplaning!

• Dimitry Polivaev

I believe it Is fixed in the last preview 1.10.2

👍
  • Peter Arnold

Peter Arnold - 2022-05-01

Confirmed working in preview 1.10.2 (both print and PDF export) :)