Menu

sample presentation using graphics-heavy approach

Ken Hill
2017-02-10
2017-02-10
  • Ken Hill

Ken Hill - 2017-02-10

I just posted a video (see link) about how Freeplane can be used to make a presentation using images. I normally create presentations using a page layout program (Serif PagePlus) and then publish it to PDF.

But I've always wanted to be able to keep my data in the same program that I use to make a presentation. I still have to use a drawing program (Serif DrawPlus) to tweak the images I want to bring into my map, but if I don't have to use my page layout prog. I can save a step. I'm the first to acknowledge that a Freeplane presentation is NOT a one-to-one match for PowerPoint or page layout programs. The result in Freeplane is not as polished and lacks PowerPoint's overhyped and overused bells and whistles. But I feel Freeplane is near the point where excellent presentations can be made to do an excellent job for just about any presentation task.

This video does not show much in the way of the mechanics of creating a presentation in Freeplane. It is just meant to show Freeplane's potential for doing what I want. It is not a branch-by-branch exposition of a map.

I'm going to have to get a new screencast program or shut down some programs or reboot -- things run pretty slowly in the video.

Freeplane is getting better day-by-day. The developers are getting the presentation tab to the point where Freeplane will soon rival any mindmap app out there, paid or free. Great job.

https://youtu.be/ajB6huZjWJI

Last edit: Ken Hill 2017-02-10
  • Leo Ram

Leo Ram - 2017-02-11

The best example I have seen so far within FP Ken. You are a great teacher. Thank you.