Menu

How to remove black border added by Freeplane to imported images?

Cadux
2016-08-23
2017-01-13
  • Cadux

Cadux - 2016-08-23

Hi,

Is it possible to remove the black thin border added automatically by Freeplane to imported images.
    In this snapshot - http://i.imgur.com/m7CkmaQ.jpg - I'm comparing the image with the border in Freeplane, and the original image, which doesn't have border.

Thanks,
    Cadu_

• Ken Hill

Ken Hill - 2016-08-26

I, too, would be interested in getting rid of the image border.

• maggv

maggv - 2016-08-26

Use Insert Inline Image add-on
    You can insert the image in the node CORE - DETAILS - NOTES.
    If you insert the image in the CORE of the node, see attachment to set Link target to NO LINK and use node shape as FORK. This will give you an image without border.

• Cadux

Cadux - 2016-09-02

It worked. THank you!

• Cadux

Cadux - 2017-01-11

Hi. Does anyone know in which folder does Insert Inline Image addo-on saves the image files?
    I'm adding the images setting "Link target to NO LINK", understanding this way the image is being copied into Freeplane, but in the folder in which .mm file is saved there is no image.
    Thanks for info!

• maggv

maggv - 2017-01-13

Hi,
    Link target does not determine where you saved the image. "Link Target" determines whether a link to open the image is created or not. The image is already in your computer system when you choose it to insert it with the add-on.
    "Link target set to NO LINK" means that there is no link created to open that image with your default computer image viewer.
    "Link target set to image path", the image will be surrounded by a blue contour. By clicking on the image, the default image viewer on your computer will open that image.
    "Link target set to as legend" will create a blu coloured link. By clicking it you will open the image.

"Link target set to your link" : Sorry, I never use it and did not figure out how to.

• Cadux

Cadux - 2017-01-13

Thanks for clarification.
    So, the addon doesn't allow to embbed images as does Freeplane in-built image functionality.
    Always the image will be connected to the original store path in the computer.

• Cadux

Cadux - 2017-01-23

Hi,

I just registered a formal feature request regarding Freplane allowing to insert image without borders natively: https://sourceforge.net/p/freeplane/featurerequests/2325/

Although a workaround for inserting images without border is to use the addon "Insert Inline Image", as discussed in this thread, the addon can't insert the new SVG image format support by Freplane since v1.6. Then users are without option to remove the black border when using SVG.

"Insert Inline Image" brings great functionality, but at least inserting image without borders could be supported by Freeplane nativelly.

If this feature request you, please access the link above, vote + and provide further ideas and comments to improve the idea.

Thanks,
    Carlos

• Dimitry Polivaev

I shall just remove the border because I think that this not configurable border does not make any sense now. This change makes all maps look a bit different, but I believe it makes them look better.

• Cadux

Cadux - 2017-01-27

Hi Dimitry.
    Many thanks for addressing the border issue!

I shall just remove the border because I think that this not configurable border does not make any sense now. This change makes all maps look a bit different, but I believe it makes them look better.

I also think this is the best and simplest way to solve that.

Last edit: Cadux 2017-01-27