Menu

How to filter bold nodes?

2017-06-22
2017-06-22
  • Joseph Reagle

Joseph Reagle - 2017-06-22

In my freeplane mm I have bold some of the notes I think of special import. I thought I could go back and filter on them so I could review them, but I don't know how.

Any help?

• Ken Hill

Ken Hill - 2017-06-22

I thought I could go back and filter on them so I could review them, but I don't know how.

I could not find a simple way either. Maybe one of the scripting masters can help you.

I also like to keep track of important items so I created a style called important. Mine has an exclamation point icon and colored background. I assigned it to a keyboard shortcut.

You can search for styles.

If you take this route, you might want to put the style in the template that controls new maps.

• Joseph Reagle

Joseph Reagle - 2017-06-23

Ken, thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, these notes already had styles for other reasons.I wonder if there is something else I could do, like associate an icon with it that is easily searchable?

• Luigi Kang

Luigi Kang - 2017-06-23
    map.filter { it.style.font.isBold() }

Use "Undo filter action" to undo.

• Joseph Reagle

Joseph Reagle - 2017-06-23

Thanks Luigi.I am not familiar with scripts or groovy, so it's going take me a little bit of time to play with this.I am also wondering if there's a simpler alternative (beyond styles, see above) whereby I can easily label and filter nodes.

• Quinbus

Quinbus - 2017-06-23

You've probably noticed that there are many triggers for filters, including a specific text string in any of the data containers (Node text, Node Details, Notes). Any uniqu and otherwise not used text string like [IMPORTANT] can be used to trigger filters. Icons. Attributes are a favorite way to create searchable conditions. Attributes are like labels for the node where you create an attribute and even assign it values, like an attribute could be called "NodeType" and you can assign values to that attribute like "Filter" or "Hide" a persons name.... anything. Each of those conditions are filterable.

So there are MANY ways to get at what I think you're asking...

Q!

• Dimitry Polivaev

Select filter type "script filter", click on "edit filter" button and enter text "style.font.isBold()" in the showed text area

• Joseph Reagle

Joseph Reagle - 2017-06-26

Thanks Dimitry, that's easy!