Menu

bulk import - 0 records created

Help
2009-10-08
2012-12-06
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Using fpdb-1.0_alpha9_p142, I'm trying to test out a bulk import into postgre with some example stars HH files that I've found on the net (I don' t have any stars HH files of my own to work with as I don't play there).  I keep getting no records created.  Could someone provide a short HH file that I could test with? 

The reason I need it is because I'm trying to produce an HH file from openholdem that I can import into fpdb.  I'm attempting to write a state processor which produces a stars HH file.  And the first step is to just do a simple import with an HH file. 

• Eric Blade

Eric Blade - 2009-10-08

Move to 0.11.3  Versioning system changed, after it became clear that it was going to take a lot longer than a few dozen releases to become a fully functional program. :)

• Nobody/Anonymous

Are you saying I should use version 0.11.3 and this problem will be cleared up? 

• Nobody/Anonymous

Well I tried 0.11.3 and now I get this error in the fpdb-error-log and HUD-error:

HUD_main starting
    Using db name = fpdb
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Downloads\fpdb_0.11.3\pyfpdb\Database.py", line 48, in __init__
        self.connection = psycopg2.connect(database = db_params)
    OperationalError: fe_sendauth: no password supplied

In fact, I do have a db_pass supplied in the HUD_config.xml file.  This was not a problem using fpdb-1.0alpha9p142

• Eric Blade

Eric Blade - 2009-10-08

are you still using the same hud_config.xml from the older version? you might try copying a new one in from the hud_config.xml.example that comes in the 0.11.3 archive.  I have absolutely no idea about how to use it with postgresql though.  If you have IRC ability, irc to irc.freenode.org and join #fpdb

• Nobody/Anonymous

Yep, I did use the hudconfig.xml.example file that came with 0.11.3 and pasted the database section from my other hudconfig.xml file in. 

• Eric Blade

Eric Blade - 2009-10-08

You'll probably need to talk to Eratosthenes, he's played with it on PGSQL and in Windows (although I'm not sure he's done both) .. I'm a Windows user, but I've never used pgsql, since mysql has always been even overkill for me :D

• Nobody/Anonymous

So I was able to connect to pgsql on windows with 0.11.3 now by commenting out lines 72-74 in fpdb_db.py which just uses the domain-specific connect command rather than just passing in the database

if self.host == "localhost" or self.host == "127.0.0.1":
        self.db = psycopg2.connect(database = database)
    else:
        self.db = psycopg2.connect(host = host,
                            user = user,
                            password = password,
                            database = database)

(sorry, lost the line breaks)

Now I'm getting an error when I try to import an everleaf hand history.  First of all, i had to change the import hhArchiveBase entry in HUD_config.xml.  After doing this, I get this error:

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Downloads\fpdb_0.11.3\pyfpdb\GuiBulkImport.py", line 77, in load_clicked
        % (stored, dups, partial, errs, ttime, stored / ttime)
    ZeroDivisionError: integer division or modulo by zero

Any ideas what might be causing this?

• Nobody/Anonymous

also, I didn't get any info in the files which were created in the target hhArchiveBase folder, nor any rows in my pgsql fpdb database