Menu

Can't connect to PostgreSQL DB

Help
2009-10-20
2012-12-06
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,

I am currently trying to get fpdb running on my Ubuntu 9.04 system. I installed everything and set up the DB user. I can connect with this user using pgadmin3 as well as the psql command line tool. When I launch fpdb.py however, it says it failed to connect. The fpdb-error-log.txt file looks like that afterwards:

Failed to connect to posgresql database with username fpdbuser.Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "./fpdb.py", line 668, in <module>
            me = fpdb()
          File "./fpdb.py", line 620, in __init__
            self.load_profile()
          File "./fpdb.py", line 474, in load_profile
            if self.db.wrongDbVersion:
        AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'wrongDbVersion'

Any ideas what I could do? My PostgreSQL version is 8.3.8 fwiw, but it doesn't look like that's really the problem

• Nobody/Anonymous

> "I installed everything and set up the
    > DB user."

Was this following the HowTo for pg in the wiki?

Which version of fpdb are you using? The latest version in the Snapshots section of http://sourceforge.net/projects/fpdb/files/ might give more useful output.

Do you get any other messages before these, e.g. in a shell window or at the command line (I use Windows so I don't know how you're starting fpdb) Or do you have a logging.out file as well as fpdb-error-log.txt?

Do you see any output telling you which HUD\_config file it is reading? Is this the one you expected? If you're still having trouble post the database part of your HUD\_config.xml here, mine looks like this:

<supported_databases>
            <database db_ip="localhost" db_name="fpdb" db_pass="fpdb" db_server="postgresql" db_type="fpdb" db_user="fpdb"/>
          </supported_databases>

- sc

• Nobody/Anonymous

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I followed said tutorial. But it seems somehow my postgresql installation is broken, and I couldn't reinstall it and get it to work in 2 hours, so I switched to MySQL :P