Menu

fpdb.py error parsing HUD_config.xml

Help
2009-08-31
2012-12-06
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hello im having serious problems getting this started. Been going through many posts on this fourm to try and solve my problem and ive given up since ive come to a dead end.

I had a previous problem when fpdb.py simply would flash up attempt to read HUD_config.xml then dump me back out giving a long error message in the dump file. So I tried to redo the database from scratch using this link:-

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/fpdb/index.php?title=Howto_Setup_MySQL

Now it won't parse the hud config and gives this error dump.

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Documents and Settings\Benjamin Jackson\Desktop\Realtime\HUD\pyfpdb\Configuration.py", line 266, in

__init__
        doc = xml.dom.minidom.parse(file)
      File "C:\Python25\lib\xml\dom\minidom.py", line 1913, in parse
        return expatbuilder.parse(file)
      File "C:\Python25\lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 924, in parse
        result = builder.parseFile(fp)
      File "C:\Python25\lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 207, in parseFile
        parser.Parse(buffer, 0)
    ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 291, column 5

-----------------------------

I have restarted and still the same error.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I now get this message instead:-

Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "C:\Documents and Settings\Benjamin Jackson\Desktop\Realtime\HUD\pyfpdb\fpdb.py", line 465, in <module>
          me = fpdb()
        File "C:\Documents and Settings\Benjamin Jackson\Desktop\Realtime\HUD\pyfpdb\fpdb.py", line 377, in __init__
          self.load_profile()
        File "C:\Documents and Settings\Benjamin Jackson\Desktop\Realtime\HUD\pyfpdb\fpdb.py", line 269, in load_profile
          self.settings['db-password'])
        File "C:\Documents and Settings\Benjamin Jackson\Desktop\Realtime\HUD\pyfpdb\fpdb_db.py", line 62, in connect
          self.db=MySQLdb.connect(host = host, user = user, passwd = password, db = database, use_unicode=True)
        File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\MySQLdb\__init__.py", line 74, in Connect
          return Connection(*args, **kwargs)
        File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\MySQLdb\connections.py", line 170, in __init__
          super(Connection, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs2)
      _mysql_exceptions.OperationalError: (2003, "Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)")

Not sure why its a different message. All I did was grab a new HUD_config file and put in the same thing in the recognised databases tag as I did before which is.

<supported_databases>
             <database db_name="fpdb"         db_server="mysql"      db_ip="localhost" db_user="fpdb"   db_pass="newPassword" db_type="fpdb">    </database>
         </supported_databases>

• Carl G

Carl G - 2009-09-01

Not sure if you are the same poster as the other thread, but this probably means that MySQL hasn't been started properly.