Program Won't Run

Sean
2009-04-30
2012-12-06
  • Sean

Sean - 2009-04-30

I did the installer EXE file first.

I rebooted.

Then I unzipped the files and ran the appropriate .PY file as directed.  It went to an MS-DOS shell and refered me to the fpdb-error-log ... which had this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Documents and Settings\Sean\Desktop\pyfpdb\fpdb.py", line 465, in <module>
        me = fpdb()
      File "C:\Documents and Settings\Sean\Desktop\pyfpdb\fpdb.py", line 377, in __init__
        self.load_profile()
      File "C:\Documents and Settings\Sean\Desktop\pyfpdb\fpdb.py", line 269, in load_profile
        self.settings['db-password'])
      File "C:\Documents and Settings\Sean\Desktop\pyfpdb\fpdb_db.py", line 62, in connect
        self.db=MySQLdb.connect(host = host, user = user, passwd = password, db = database, use_unicode=True)
      File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\MySQLdb\__init__.py", line 74, in Connect
        return Connection(*args, **kwargs)
      File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\MySQLdb\connections.py", line 170, in __init__
        super(Connection, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs2)
    _mysql_exceptions.OperationalError: (2003, "Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)")

I have PostgreSQL installed ... should i just go ahead and install MySQL?  I thought the installer did that OR I could use Postgre ... what gives?

• sql coder

sql coder - 2009-05-01

Is MySQL listed under All Programs somewhere? It should be if it has been installed. You should be able to try running the programs listed there to see if the database is up and running. Maybe you need to start it up via Control Panel - Services?

If you prefer to use PostgreSQL take a look at this thread: http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=3241459&forum_id=819272

- sqlcoder