Menu

PHP 5.1.6 compatability?

General
Rignes
2006-08-30
2013-04-17
  • Rignes

Rignes - 2006-08-30

Is fofredux known to work with 5.1.6?  I've configured a test database to give anonymous root access to the any database.  (This is a test sysetm and no I won't run it this way.)

The error I get with release 0.3.1 is:

Fatal error: Error connecting to database, check settings in config.php... in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/fofredux/init.php on line 83

Bascially, there is no way that permissions can be the problem because I've opened up the database to anyone and everyone.  I've also chmoded the directory where fofredux lives to 777.

For the record I get it to run perfectly under php 4.4.4 and can lock down things to a reasonable level security wise.

Anyway, just wanted to check if 5.1.6 was supported or not.  Also, if anyone has any hints to get fofredux working w/ 5.1.6 I'd appreciate it.  I have another php app I'm considering that required 5.x.x and I'd just like to run everything with 5 if I can.

Thanks.

• Kevin Bennett

Kevin Bennett - 2006-08-30

5.1.x should work fine.  I use 5.1.4 everyday.  Is the database created?  FOFR does not do that for you.  If the database setting are correct, then it might be the php extension for your database is not compiled in (or loaded in the case of shared extensions).

• Rignes

Rignes - 2006-08-30

You are right, the mysql extension was not compiled in.  I've compiled php and apache myself for this installation and I didn't realize the mysql support isn't in by default anymore.  I got it up and running now.

Thanks for the hint. ;)