FNET was mirrored to https://github.com/butok/FNET for people who prefer GitHub.
SourceForge still stay the main location for the FNET project.
Version 3.0.0 change log:
- Released under the Apache License Version 2.0 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_License). This is more permissible license than previous one and compatible with GPL 3.0.
- Added possibility to run several instances of DHCP client for multi-interface systems, controlled by the FNET_CFG_DHCP_MAX parameter.
- Added support of the Intel HEX file format by the TFTP Boot-loader (enabled by FAPP_CFG_TFTP_RX_HEX/FAPP_CFG_TFTP_TX_HEX). Thanks to Michal Hanak.
- Added support of IPv4 link-local (169.254/16 prefix) unicast and broadcast as destination address, according to RFC3927.
- Added scope_id to IPv4 socket address structure (same as for IPv6), to eliminate IPv4 address ambiguity in multi-home systems.
- Changed IPv4 multicast group ip_mreq.imr_interface from Interface IPv4 address to Interface Index (same as for IPv6).
- Added fnet_scope_id_t type.
- Added the default-interface parameter to the FNET application parameter get/set list.
- Added FNET_CFG_<interface>_NAME configuration parameter.
- Added fnet_rand() pseudo-random generator. Thanks to Catalin Petrescu.
- Moved port-clock enabling from Kinetis start-up to the driver initialization code.
- Added FNET_CFG_CPU_VECTOR_PRIORITY_MAX configuration parameter.
- Renamed FNET_FS_DIR, FNET_FS_FILE types to fnet_fs_dir_t, fnet_fs_file_t.
- Fixed potential spurious retransmission issue in TCP. Thanks to Vinay.
- Fixed loop-back interface.
- Fixed fnet_isr_vector_init().
- Fixed FBENCH tool stuck on during UDP sending.
- Other minor changes.... read more
The FNET Embedded TCP/IP stack (http://fnet.sourceforge.net/) officially contributed to future versions of ARM mbed: http://media.freescale.com/investor-relations/press-releases/2015/09-10-2015-023151109.aspx
Version 2.9.0 change log:
-Added fnet_size_t, fnet_index_t, fnet_bool_t, fnet_time_t fnet_uint32_t, fnet_uint16_t and fnet_uint8_t and other types.
-Fixed "MISRA-C :2004 6.3 Typedefs that indicate size and signedness should be used in place of the basic types."
-Fixed "MISRA-C :2004 10.1 The value of an expression of integer type shall not be implicitly converted to a different underlying type ..."
-Fixed "MISRA-C :2004 11.1 Conversions shall not be performed between a pointer to a function and any type other than an integer type."
-Fixed "MISRA-C :2004 12.5 The operands of a logical && or || shall be primary-expressions."
-Fixed "MISRA-C :2004 12.7 Bitwise operators shall not be applied to operands whose underlying type is signed."
-Fixed "MISRA-C :2004 14.6 For any iteration statement there shall be at most one break statement used for loop termination."
-Fixed "MISRA-C :2004 14.9 An if (expression) construct shall be followed by a compound statement. The else keyword shall be followed by either a compound statement or another if statement."
-Fixed "MISRA-C :2004 19.6 #undef shall not be used"
-Added "extern C" to header files.
-Replaced SOCKET_ERROR and SOCKET_INVALID by FNET_ERR.
-Replaced SOCKET type by fnet_socket_t.
-New configuration parameter:?FNET_CFG_SOCKET_BSD_NAMES enables/disables BSD Socket API names.
-Reworked shell service:
-Removed support of obsolete MCF52235.
-Other changes.... read more
Version 2.8.1 change log:
- Added KDS 3.0 support.
- Fixed "MISRA-C 2004 15.2 An unconditional break statement shall terminate every non-empty switch clause."
- Redraw the FNET Top View diagram.
- Other minor changes.
Version 2.8.0 change log:
- Added possibility to get a DNS resolved host-name TTL. Improved fnet_dns_handler_resolved_t.
- Fixed "MISRA-C:2004 10.5 if the bitwise operators ~ and << are applied to an operand of underlying type unsigned char or unsigned short, the result shall be immediately cast to the underlying type of the operand."
- Fixed "MISRA-C:2004 10.6 A U suffix shall be applied to all constants of unsigned type."
- Fixed "MISRA-C:2004 12.6 The operands of logical operators should be effectively Boolean."
- Fixed "MISRA-C:2004 12.9 The unary minus operator shall not be applied to an expression whose underlying type is unsigned."
- Fixed "MISRA-C:2004 12.10 The comma operator shall not be used."
- Fixed "MISRA-C:2004 13.1 Assignment operators shall not be used in expressions that yield a Boolean value."
- Fixed "MISRA-C:2004 13.5 The three expressions of a for statement shall be concerned only with loop control."
- Fixed "MISRA-C:2004 14.3 Before preprocessing, a null statement shall only occur on a line by itself."
- Fixed "MISRA-C:2004 14.8 The statement forming the body of a switch, while, do� while or for statement shall be a compound statement."
- Fixed "MISRA-C:2004 14.10 All if ... else if constructs shall be terminated with an else clause."
- Fixed "MISRA-C:2004 15.3 The final clause of a switch statement shall be the default clause."
- Fixed "MISRA-C:2004 16.3 Identifiers shall be given for all of the parameters in a function prototype declaration."
- Fixed "MISRA-C:2004 16.4 The identifiers used in the declaration and definition of a function shall be identical."
- Fixed "MISRA-C:2004 16.5 Functions with no parameters shall be declared and defined with the parameter list void."
- Fixed "MISRA-C:2004 19.11 All macro identifiers in preprocessor directives shall be defined before use."
- Fixed "MISRA-C:2004 19.15 Precautions shall be taken in order to prevent the contents of a header file being included twice."
- Fixed "MISRA-C:2004 20.2 The Names of Standard Library macros, objects and functions shall not be reused."
- Fixed MPC Green Hills compiler warning, thanks to Patrice Cavin.... read more
Version 2.7.5 change log:
- Fixed compilation error for Classical CW.
- Fixed compilation warnings for KDS 2.0.
- Fixed "MISRA-C:2004 2.2 Source code shall inly use ISO9899:1990 'C' style comments."
- Fixed "MISRA-C:2004 2.4 Sections of code should not be 'commented out'".
- Fixed "MISRA-C:2004 4.1 Only those escape sequences that are defined in the ISO C standard shall be used".
- Fixed "MISRA-C:2004 5.2 Identifiers in an inner scope shall not use the same name as an identifier in an outer scope, and therefore hide that identifier".
- Fixed "MISRA-C:2004 8.1 Functions shall have prototype declaration and the prototype shall be visible at both the function definition and call ".
- Fixed "MISRA-C:2004 8.3 For each function parameter the type given in the declaration and definition shall be identical, and the return types shall also be identical".... read more
Version 2.7.4 change log:
- Fixed potential crash in checksum calculation, thanks to Patrice Cavin.
- Fixed compilation error of boot example in KDS 2.0, K64.
- Fixed issue of the erased memory check.
- Added FAPP_CFG_CHECK_FLASH_BEFORE_WRITE enable/disables checking of the flash memory if is erased before write.
- Added MPC5744P configuration, thanks to Patrice Cavin.
Version 2.7.3 change log:
-Added handling of ICMPv6 errors by transport protocols.
-Fixed fnet_inet_ptos(), reported by Kiyoshi
-Fixed checksum calculation, reported by Abhilash.
-Fixed SRAM start address for K64, reported by Kiyoshi.
-Fixed possible flash write error for K60N.
-Fixed KDS 2.0 compilation issue of assembler code.
Version 2.7.2 change log:
- FNET_CFG_ARP_EXPIRE_TIMEOUT sets period of time after which ARP cache entries are automatically expired.
- Fixed potential issue in fnet_netbuf_trim(), thanks to Johan Brouwer.
- Added additional check to the bootloader example if flash memory is erased before writing.
- Other minor changes and optimizations.
Version 2.7.1 change log::
- Added support of Kinetis Design Studio (GCC compiler) for FRDM-K64F board.
- Added FNET_CFG_ARP_TABLE_SIZE configuration parameter. It sets maximum number of entries in the ARP table, per interface.
Version 2.7.0 change log:
- Added Link-Local Multicast Name Resolution (LLMNR) Server/Responder.
- Added new "host" parameter to example applications, used as a host name for LLMNR. Its value is controlled by FAPP_CFG_PARAMS_HOST_NAME.
- Fixed "ICMP Destination unreachable" handling issue for listening TCP sockets, reported by Yasla.
- Fixed FRDM-K64F startup code, which caused wrong link status.
- Make public fnet_tolower() and other minor changes.
Version 2.6.5 change log:
- Fixed DNS query that caused resolution issue with FritzBox DNS server, reported by Lenz.
- Fixed checksum calculation to follow RFC1624(3).
- Added fnet_netif_get_ip6_prefix() and fnet_netif_get_ip6_neighbor_cache().
- Added "stat" command, to the Shell Demo, showing interface statistics, IPv6 prefix list and neighbor cache.
- Cleaned header includes. Now it is enough to add only the fnet_stack folder to Project Search Path without its subfolders.
- Other minor changes.