Menu

Question about FNET 2.9.0

2023-10-25
2023-10-25
  • Jean-Paul Deryck

Hello M. Butok,
    I use your the FNET bootloader version 2.9.0 in a CW 10.6 with an MQX application for K64FN1M processor
    I am asking me about the need of updating to a newer version of FNET (it should be a large amount of work and I will not do it unless really needed)
    I see in the change log that in the version 3.0.0 you made a fix in the fnet_isr_vector_init() function
    when I compare files, I see that you only swapped the call of fnet_isr_register() function and the fnet_cpu_isr_install() function. Can I simply do the same in my 2.9.0 version and change nothing all ?
    Thanks in advance
    Jean-Paul

• Andrej Butok

Andrej Butok - 2023-10-25

Yes you can.

• Jean-Paul Deryck

Hello again,
    thank you very much for your quick answer !
    Let me explain my usage of your bootloader:
    in the K64 FN1M we have 1 mega of flash (twice 512 k), my MQX app is about 400 kb
    At start the bootloader launch the MQX app written in the first 512k of the flash zone (the zone 1)
    when we want to update, our app download a new binary made for the zone 2 by http from our server, write it to the flash in the second 512k zone (the zone2) then, after check of a CRC32 , I update the go address params of FNET (at end of flash zone) to ensure that after a reboot it will launch the new app on zone 2. If we are running on zone 1, we download a binary made for zone 1 and we do the same procedure.
    Most of the times everything goes very well but sometimes the procedure fails and the bootloader run in an infinite loop showing an error about isr interrupt 3 (just like if it try to run at a wrong go address). In that case we have to flash locally the device with a jtag to can restart, this is why I try to make the procedure the more reliable as possible
    Have you other advice to give me ? Another code change usefull for my app ?
    Thanks in advance
    Jean-Paul

• Andrej Butok

Andrej Butok - 2023-10-25

Think about the MCUBoot secondary bootloader. It has security, recovery and differeant FW update modes.

• Jean-Paul Deryck

Thank you again, I will have a look at it
    Jean-Paul