Hello!

I've just installed flwm, and I'm impressed! That's a FAST window manger! :-)

Anyway... I see that flwm understands GNOME hints, but it's not (of course) Gnome-compliant.

Ok. I tried to set it as my default Window manager in the Gnome Control Panel, and... Well, the first time I use it (when I'm already running Gnome with some other wm, and I switch to flwm), it works perfectly.

But if I close the session and re-open it, it'll treat all Gnome panels/drawres as windows... So they'll appear in the windows menu - and the drawers will be put somewhere else, far from the panel. Also, when I click on some drawer, focus (and the mouse pointer) is moved to the new panel that just appeared.

I wonder why this happens, and if there's an easy way to get rid of the problem -- besides throwing Gnome away. :-) I suppose there is a way, since it only happens after I re-start Gnome.

I like to use tlwm as my Gnome window manager... Everything is fast, and I have enough memory for 2 X sessions (2 displays!) with 64 Mb only! I just wish I could use flwm without interfering with the Gnome panel...

Well... Any tips will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
J.