Menu

Fujitsu Stylistic ST5112

Help
2007-12-04
2013-05-08
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi, I'm trying to install this on my tablet using the install script. When I run it, it tells me to disable Wacom support and xosd support... does this mean that I won't be able to use the wacom pen with my tablet??  I want the buttons to work, but obviously not at the expense of the tablet's main features...

• Robert Gerlach

Robert Gerlach - 2007-12-04

Disable wacom support means, fscd can't rotate the wacom orientation, according to the display orientation. To avoid this message install the wacom and xosd devel packages for your distribution.
      But note, the install script is a bit out of date. If possible please use the source packages.

• Robert Gerlach

Robert Gerlach - 2007-12-04

Script is updated, please report if it works.
      You can bypass building fscd by starting the installer script with -B, in this case a precompiled binary is installed. The kernel module must build anyway.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Installing the xosd development package helped, however, I installed every linux wacom package available (I'm running Ubuntu 7.10) and I still get the Disable Wacom error. The script appears to be working, but I haven't run it all the way through yet -- I want to make sure the wacom support is enabled before going.

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm not used to building things on my own in linux... I really don't know what to do in this case with Ubuntu and the lack(?) of wacom development packages.

• Robert Gerlach

Robert Gerlach - 2007-12-06

Yes, Debian and Ubuntu doesn't provides a development package for wacom-tools (see bug #5918 for ubuntu and #443499 for debian).You only need the wacomcfg.h header file. Get it from upstream (linuxwacom project), the source package or my svn ([1]) and put it in /usr/include/wacomcfg/.

By the way, I've an ready-to-use apt repository for Ubuntu Gutsy, see [2].

[1] http://fjbtndrv.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/fjbtndrv/trunk/debian/wacomcfg/wacomcfg.h
        [2] http://fjbtndrv.wiki.sourceforge.net/packages

• Nobody/Anonymous

Ah, I completely missed the Ubuntu repository! Thanks so much! That installed so easily!

Now I'm just a bit confused as to how to use this. Do I need to run a command to turn it on?

Thanks for all of your help so far!

• Nobody/Anonymous

You always need the kernel module, fsc_btns (but should be loaded automaticly). fscd is optional, but really useful I think ;).
        Fscd should be started automaticly at login to KDE, Gnome or XFCE (others could work, but untested) by an autostart desktop file (/etc/xdg/autostart/fscd.desktop). If it works you should see a osd message from fscd. If not, try to start fscd manually (only one fscd per x11 display, so try killall fscd before).

• Nobody/Anonymous

Ah, I see! Now I'm able to get the osd message to appear. However, the buttons still do nothing. Is there anything additional that I need to do to get the buttons to work?

Thanks!

• Nobody/Anonymous

I've uploaded new packages (fscd-1.11), please update and test again. If it not working, please check the reported keys with showkey, input-event or xev.

• Nobody/Anonymous

After running Xev, it detects a response from the CTRL-ALT-DEL button, the Mail Button, the Rotate Button, and the ESC Button, but not the ENT Button or the FN Button. However, none of these buttons do anything outside of XEV, nor do they show anything on the OSD.

• Robert Gerlach

Robert Gerlach - 2007-12-14

Well, not good. Please run lsinput (input-utils package) to find the event number for the "fsc tablet buttons" device. Now call input-events <device number>, what keys are reported there? If some keys are missing to, please try to change the keymap (for example number serially to find the mapping), see wiki hints.

Feel free to write privately if you have future questions or problems.