- create two new directories with a regular file in each
of them: /tmp/dir1/file1 and /tmp/dir2/file2
- create a new archive (e.g., /tmp/t1.tar.gz) and
add the two directories /tmp/dir1 and /tmp/dir2
- select dir1 in the main window and give the
"Delete files..." command from the Actions menu.
- in the dialog that appears, leave the default at
"Selected files" and click OK.
- dir1 disappears from the main window, but only the
regular file dir1/file1 has been removed from the
archive; dir1 is still present:
$ tar tzf /tmp/t1.tar.gz
This is with version 0.8, installed on a RedHat 7.2
system from the SourceForce RPM.
Log in to post a comment.