Menu

Czech translation od FidoCadJ

Chemik582
2013-08-07
2013-09-03
  • Chemik582

Chemik582 - 2013-08-07

Hello.
    I have translate file MessagesBundle_en.properties into Czech language (MessagesBundle_cz.properties) and now would like know what I have to do to this file with Czech got into program and of course then was options in program change language on Czech.
    Thank you so much for some hint or help.

M.Zboril
    (Czech Republic)

• Davide Bucci

Davide Bucci - 2013-08-07

Dear Chemik582,
    thank you very much and welcome aboard!

What you can do is show here the file (I think you can add an attachment to a forum post). I will not be connecting very much in the following days (so some patience may be needed), but I will have a look and I will give you a write access to the SVN repository.

Once the file is placed in the right place (trunk/bin) there is nothing else to do: FidoCadJ watch for the locale used by the host operating system and search if a translation is available. If it is not the case, the english version of the interface is shown.

There is no option in the GUI for selecting the locale, but there is a command line option (-l) available for that:

java -jar fidocadj.jar -l cz

(this will be useful to force the cz locale in a version of fidocadj.jar which will contain your file).

Best regards,

D.

P.S. during the evolution of FidoCadJ, can we ask for your help again in the future? Some interface details might be added (or change).

• Chemik582

Chemik582 - 2013-08-08

Hi
    FidoCadJ is splendid program and of course I will very like cooperate on matching Czech language support in future versions.
    My translation on czech language is attached in this post.

M.Zboril

• Davide Bucci

Davide Bucci - 2013-08-20

Dear Chemik582,
    sorry for my late answer.
    You now have full write access to the FidoCadJ SVN source code repository.

I think you must checkout the project once again, svn add your resource file in the trunk/bin directory and do a svn commit (with a log).

If you are a Java coder and if you want to code something, the best thing to do is to discuss on the forum what you want to do and then start coding.
    Have a look at the section 3.4 of the README file.

Best regards,

Davide

• Davide Bucci

Davide Bucci - 2013-08-21

Hello again,
    I tried your language resource file and here is a screenshot. Very nice work.
    If you need some help in using svn, just ask.

Cheers,

D.

• Chemik582

Chemik582 - 2013-08-26

Hi,
    Yes. I need help or hint what program or progress preferably used to work with svn on sourceforge.net. Eventually direct to where best search propriate information about "...how to upload file in project...". I try find solution self, but for the present unsuccessfully. I work every day in linux and windows. Thanks for any help.

M.Zboril

• Davide Bucci

Davide Bucci - 2013-08-28

Hello,
    in fact, you should use SVN to access to the source repository. SVN is a versioning control and revision program:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Subversion

I usually employ SVN as a command line utility. I know some GUI tools exist, such as TortoiseSVN, which runs on Windows. I have no experience with graphic tools, so what follows refers to the command line. I think exactly the same can be done via the GUI.

You should do as follows:

1. Install SVN on your computer.
    2. Your Sourceforge account now has write access to FidoCadJ repository. You need to do a checkout of the entire repository. Log on Sourceforge and click on the "Code" tab in the Sourceforge FidoCadJ project page.
    3. You should see three buttons: RW RO HTTP. Click on "RW".
    4. You should see a SVN command line at the right of the buttons. Mine begins as follows:
    svn checkout --username=...

1. In a terminal, go in a directory where you have write access and copy/paste the command you have. You will be requested to type your Sourceforge password.
    2. When the checkout will be completed, you will have a working copy on your disk which is synchronized to the current contents of the trunk directory in the repository.
    3. Copy the MessagesBundle_cz.properties file in the trunk/bin directory. Now, the file is present in the directory, but it is still not in the SVN database.
    4. Add the file in the SVN database, by writing the following command:
    svn add trunk/bin/MessagesBundle_cz.properties

1. Do a commit:
    svn commit -m "Added the Czech locale."

Be careful: in the commit operation you record your change to the Sourceforge repository on Sourceforge, so be sure that everything is OK there :-)
    You might compile and run FidoCadJ from sources if you want, once you have done all the trunk directory. There are some small Unix scripts for doing that, on Windows you will probably need to write your own by adapting them.

If you need any help, just ask :-)

Best regards,

D.

• Davide Bucci

Davide Bucci - 2013-08-29

Dear Chemik582,
    I saw your commit, but something went wrong. Those are the files I see:

https://sourceforge.net/p/fidocadj/code/536/

but I am expecting to see only one file which is trunk/bin/MessagesBundle_cz.properties

I do not understand clearly what happened, but it seems that you added a directory called "trunk fidocadj-code" which contains some files that are not supposed to be part of the FidoCadJ svn repository.
    I just deleted this directory (so do a "svn update"). You can keep it in your local copy, but please keep it outside the SVN version control, so that it is not created again during a commit. The command "svn status" is very useful to see at a given moment which operations will be done on the repository by a commit.

Best regards,

D.

• Chemik582

Chemik582 - 2013-08-29

Yes I do somthing wrong. And much excuse and thank for your intervention. Can you please record this first version of Czech translation to the svn repo you? I’m started hard study how work with svn repo and I promise give myself really big care before anything further I will upload to the repo.
    Thank you. I very much apologize my mistake and very sorry.

• Davide Bucci

Davide Bucci - 2013-08-30

Dear Chemik582,
    I can commit your file, but it would be nicer if it is done by you. In fact, you might need to do the same in the future when some changes to the user interface might be necessary.
    If you need some help, just ask.

Cheers,

D.

• Chemik582

Chemik582 - 2013-09-02

Heureka :)
    I think this is OK? Is it? What needs to be done to keep at disposition functional program version already including this language?
    Thank for your patience.

M.Zboril

• Davide Bucci

Davide Bucci - 2013-09-02

Dear Chemik582,
    thumbs up ! :-)

Now, the repository contains the correct file.

To see FidoCadJ working with the Czech language, you should just compile it and run by the command line. There are some Bash scripts I use on my MacOSX computers, I think they work on Linux as well: in trunk, you should find for example "compile" and "run".
    If you want to obtain a fidocadj.jar archive, have a look at "createjar". You might use it after you compiled everything.
    All scripts are quite simple, so I think you can adapt them to Linux if something goes wrong (btw, open a new discussion on the forum, it should be nice to make sort they run smoothly everywhere).

If you are using an operating system in english and you want to test a certain locale, you can use all FidoCadJ options when using the "run" script and in particular the "-l" one:

./run -l cz

BTW, when something is changed in FidoCadJ's user interface, I usually post something to this discussion:

https://sourceforge.net/p/fidocadj/discussion/997486/thread/9d08d94d/

if you would like to take care of the Czech translation in the future, can you please subscribe to it (so you automatically receive an email notification when something changes).

Best regards,

D.

• Chemik582

Chemik582 - 2013-09-03

Hi
    Yes, I will take care of Czech translation in the future and I will subscribe in to this discussion.

M.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel