Menu

FFmpeg launches itself after install despite silent install

Josselin
2021-11-15
2023-10-15
  • Josselin

Josselin - 2021-11-15

Hello there. Thanks for that wonderful piece of software. I deploy/update FFmpeg on many PCs at work during monthly maintenances via a script. I therefore need this process to be silent. Desptite the /VERYSILENT parameter given to the installer, FFmpeg launches itself after install... which is a pain. Any solution to this problem? Thanks!

• Abel

Abel - 2021-11-15

Hi, I guess you mean that default setting to open application after successful installation is not convenient for you. Then you would need a custom installer with that setting unchecked.

👍
    • Josselin

Josselin - 2021-11-17

Yeah, I guess that's the idea!

• Abel

Abel - 2021-11-17

I understant, but I think that setting checked by default is useful for most people.

You could just use the portable zip version that requires no installation to silently deploy
    any update.

👍
  • Josselin

Josselin - 2021-11-18

Thanks for the idea! Unzipping the portable version into in the C:\Program Files.....\FFmeg and thus erasing the previous version does the trick indeed. Just have to keep previous FFBatch.exe.config file to keep personnal settings.

• Abel

Abel - 2021-11-18

You can remove the settings folder from deployment, the point is that the application path should be able to write a settings folder again, and if applications is in program files, that may not be possible.

• Nguyen Thanh Nguyen

Hi @eibol, I wonder where I can view the keyframe list. Usually it's above the Start/End tick, but since version 2.7, I can't see it anywhere.

Tks for your great software.

• Abel

Abel - 2021-12-11

An easier way to obtain the report:

Pre-input: -skip_frame nokey
      Parameters: -vstats_file C:\Report\stats.txt -vf "select='eq(pict_type,PICT_TYPE_I)'" -vsync vfr -frame_pts true -f null -
      Format: nul

👍
      • Nguyen Thanh Nguyen

Oh I see, tks for your information

• Emdosis

Emdosis - 2023-10-13

Does this still work in ffbatch 3.0.0? This doesn't work for m4a files :(

• Abel

Abel - 2023-10-15

Yes, it works, ensure you have writing rights in the Report/stats.txt path.

😕
  • Abel

Abel - 2021-12-11

Hi, I had to remove due to application getting two big. You may get find them by finding a vstats
    file at %YourTempFolder%\FFBatch_test\vstats.log

You need to click on the preview first (display streams) so keyframes are readed and vstats file is generated.