Menu

Newbie Question

Help
Anonymous
2001-02-08
2001-02-08
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2001-02-08

I think I have it all set up correctly, but am having one small problem.

I can connect and browse around all the pages.  I can create contacts, but if I try to create a request, I get the following:

(553, '5.5.4 ... Domain name required', 'f2w')

I don't know Zope, and I don't know PostgreSQL, so I don't know where this error is coming from.  I assume it is some sort of authentication issue, but I don't know where to look for it.  I can add contacts, so I'm accessing the database...

A general question: Since Zope is filtering all the database accesses, shouldn't I be able to restrict access to the database to localhost?

Thanks,
    Jeff Payne

• Peter Harris

Peter Harris - 2001-02-08

It might be the f2wmail Mail Host object. It may not be set up right for your email system (the way I have it, it just goes to the SMTP port on localhost).

Alternatively, the email address in the contact may need to be a fully-qualified address with a domain name.

To see if it is to do with e-mail, uncheck the "Send e-mail" box on the raise request page and see if that works.

As for allowing database access only from localhost, yes that should be OK.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2001-02-08

Outstanding - that was the problem.  I don't have an smtp server set up on that system yet :)

Thanks for your quick response!

Jeff