Menu

antiferromagnetic fixed spin calculations

2008-10-13
2013-06-05
  • Javier Martínez

Hello everyone, I am a newie on exciting and I can't understand completely the behaviour of the code. I am trying to make an antiferromagnetic caluclation, with the direccions of the spins fixed (I want to determine the mangnitud). As this is antiferromagnetic, and I have two different species (I wrote down the input for the species), I think I can't use the bfieldc parameter for the antiferromagnetism, am I right?
    The other thing is that I tried to do the calculations with the fixspin parameter set in 1, 2 and 3, but only with 2 I had a convergence. With the other options the calculations never stop (I changed maxscl to 3000 to try). Am I making a mistake o fogetting to add another important parameter for thes calculations?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

This are my atoms part input

atoms
      2                    : nspecies
      'specie1.in'                : spfname
      2                    : natoms
      0.500  0.000  0.500   -0.10  0.00  0.00    : atposl, bfcmt
      0.000  0.500  0.500    0.10  0.00  0.00
      'specie2.in'
      0.000  0.000  0.000    0.10  0.00  0.00
      0.500  0.500  0.000   -0.10  0.00  0.00

Javier

• Anton

Anton - 2008-10-13

Hi Javier!
      How do you want to treat the magnetism: collinear or non-collinear? For the collinear magnetism you need to specify the z-componet of bfcmt (not x as in your example).

Anton.

• Javier Martínez

Hi Anton, I need a collinear antiferromagnetism in the x direction, that is why I put it in that direction.
        Any way, if I change the x by the z axis, wouldn't be the same?

Javier

• Anton

Anton - 2008-10-13

Javier:
          swap x and z. In collinear magnitism the choice of axis, for which the projection of spin-moment is known, is arbitrary. In the code this axes is parallel to Z.

A.

• Javier Martínez

By the way, in a second stage, I would like to make a fixed spin but not collinear. How should I put specify the directions?
        Thanks a lot for the help and the fast they are...

Javier