Menu

Compiling

Help
jhoward
2009-09-18
2022-08-07
  • jhoward

jhoward - 2009-09-18

I'm not sure if anyone still reads this forum or not but here goes.  I used to use etherape on older versions of linux and loved it so I wanted to start using it again but I am having a hell of a time trying to install Etherape on SLES 10.  I keep getting error: Package requirements (libglade-2.0 libgnomeui-2.0) were not met.  They and the devel packages are installed but still cannot get etherape installed.
    Thanks for any help!

• R. Ghetta

R. Ghetta - 2009-09-18

To check if you indeed have the correct packages, try
    pkg-config -libs libgnomeui-2.0 libglade-2.0

If everithing is in order you should see a list of -lsomething, otherwise you don't have the correct development packages.

• jhoward

jhoward - 2009-09-18

Thank-you very much for the quick response which helped out a lot.  That helped me run the configure script and make but once I got to make install I now get the following error:  /bin/sh: scrollkeeper-preinstall: command not found
    make: ***  Error 127
    make: Leaving directory `/Data/Downloads/etherape-0.9.7/doc/C'
    make: ***  Error 1
    make: Leaving directory `/Data/Downloads/etherape-0.9.7/doc'
    make: ***  Error 1
    make: Leaving directory `/Data/Downloads/etherape-0.9.7'
    make: ***  Error 2

Thanks Again!

• jhoward

jhoward - 2009-09-18

Well never mind I think I may have it.  I installed scrollkeeper and now everything seems to have installed the right way.  As soon as I get home I'll test it out and see if it runs.

Thanks.

• IanGr

IanGr - 2022-08-07

On make I got fatal error: 'netinet/ether.h' file not found, but there is no netinet folder at all, let alone an ether.h file. ??

I had got through the ./configure stage after a couple of tries.

Initially it claimed:
    configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 goocanvas-2.0) were not met, but I already had glib-2.72.3.
    I then installed goocanvas and itstool (after alerted by another try at configure).
    Then the ./configure --with-internal-glib completed without error, although it warned that it was an "unrecognized option".
    checking for library containing glib_check_version... -lglib-2.0

So, on make there is that fatal error mentioned above.

• R. Ghetta

R. Ghetta - 2022-08-07

Hi, netinet/ether.h is a system include, usually included with the development package of glib (glib-devel or something like that).
      --with-internal-glib is used only if compiling with a personalized glib.
      If configure complains about a missing package, usually it needs a development package, usually with a dev or devel suffix ( for example lib64goocanvas2.0-devel)