Menu

Compilation Errors in Excel - Office 2016 Pro; Windows 10 Pro

Help
2021-03-17
2022-07-16
  • David Grant

David Grant - 2021-03-17

"The code in this project must be updated for use on 64-bit systems. Please review and update Declare statements and then mark them with the PtrSafe attribute."

Also, do I need to change Long in Dim statements with LongPtr throughout the add-in?

I'm not a VBasic expert. Please advise.
    Thank you.

• SteveT

SteveT - 2021-04-03

Do you see the same error or different?

• SteveT

SteveT - 2021-04-03

Sorry, download again. The file was not correctly added to the setup last time.

• Zhupan Martinovski

I have the error with Microsoft Visual Basic "Compile error: Type mismatch" , 1Result=ReqQueryValueEx highlighted, resulting to "Can't execute code in break mode" with "Function ReqQueryStringValue (ByVal kHke As Long, ByVal strValueName As String) As Sting" highlighted, which follow with "This command will stop the debugger", and afterwards no operations carried out in Add-in

Version Office 2019, and Windows 10

Thanks for your assistance

• SteveT

SteveT - 2021-04-04

I don't find any references to ReqQueryStringValue in the programs. Can you take a screenshot of the location when it happens.
      Do you have office x64?
      You can create this as a separate topic in the help forum to avoid combining different issues in on thread. Under Support>Create Topic.

Thanks, Steve

• SteveT

SteveT - 2022-07-16

v1.39.0 is the first release that should run on Excel x64. There were many changes needed and I tested as best I can, but I would not be surprised if there are still some bugs to fix.