Addition Solvers and tests.
Added a simple Black-Scholes option pricer and Monte Carlo simulation framework.
The Monte Carlo simulation automatically uses all available processors to minimize pricing latency.
Ken Gentle has added Emma coverage reports (which are now on the web site) and added to tests to cover 100% of classes and 75% of methods.
- A Benchmark class provides a performance testing harness.
- JvmMetrics takes a snapshot of JVM statistics available JMX.
- Each unit test uses JvmMetrics to determine the CPU, elapse time, memory, threads and MBeans used by each test. This can used to provide fine grain data on the performance characteristics of the functionality exercised by each test.
No changes to Essence JMS code base were required, however one test needed to be altered.
While Essence Java Framework has had over one hundred changes, the first sample program Essence JMS is largely unchanged and able to use the improvements.
As a result it hase 22 fixes and enhancements.
A summary of changes
1667472 Ensure clear() also performs a flush() for all collections
1667460 Getters which start with has or is must be boolean.
1667459 Use a standard prefix for system properties
1667454 DataSockets must close when in FINISHED state
1667451 Command line properties should override ContainerProperties
1667450 Fix a race condition where new callbacks to a set miss event
1667443 Ensure cache test drop resources cleanly.
1667441 Ensure the Socket server is shutdown correctly... read more
The Essence web site is available again after being unavailable for a few days.
Since 0.70, Essence has added
- A working sample program used in an article.
- A fast light weight cache implmentation which is many times times faster than previously available.
- Improved robustness.
I re-released 0.70 now. The mirrors could take some time to get the proper copy. The stats are showing the downloads have been attempted but the volume is still 0 MB. I have downloaded essence fine from Kent, UK.
Support for slave nodes within a Cluster. Currently only master nodes are supported.
Eviction policies, LRU and FIFO.
SQL level JDBC support.
Additional tests on Linux.
- This release has significantly more unit tests.
The unit tests have increased from 2,500 lines to 6,800 lines.
- Added eviction support for clustered collections.
- Cluster store meta data extends CacheEntry<K,V> extends Map.Entry<K,V>
This changed the data format and how snap shots and bootstraps are sent.
- Made Datable binary format safer. Support given for objects which write more or less data or have incompatible versions of data.
- Correct @ThreadSafe doco and Immutable(false) supported.
- Improved CacheEntry statistics support for all fields except getCost(). LastAccessTime must be enabled to be recorded.... read more
To see the current road map, click
In Essence 0.67 has a number of enhancements over version 0.65
- Improved multi-threaded components and logical processes support.
- Improved data serialization for file storage and network transfers. As much as 5x smaller than standard serialization.
- Support for compressed network and file storage.
- Improved memory resource usage and cleanup. Thank you YourKit!
- Fisheye link added.
Robustness improvements and performance tuning.
Essence 0.60 has been tested in 4-way persistent mastering configuration where it performed over 50,000 updates per second and 5,000,000 reads per second concurrently.
For documentation see http://www.jtoolkit.org/