Menu

start EEP-RTK java project

animesh
2005-08-22
2013-04-29
  • animesh

animesh - 2005-08-22

pls help me out to start the EPP-rtk java project.............

• eric wang

eric wang - 2005-08-22

Hi Animesh,

I think it's a too general request because you didn't mention your goal, your environment and your knowledge on both java an epp. But you can ask for an account at http://epp-test.libertyrms.info to establish a tesing environment and, you also need to read the examples of epp-rtk java package to customize your own epp client. If you are not familiar with registry business logic then EPP 1.0 RFCs are must read.

• animesh

animesh - 2005-08-26

Hello Sir,
                 thanks for the reply, i've started the project after studying the example.We have orion server and we are using JSPs now its calling the classes but an error comes while connecting.....i can't resolve it pls help me. the error is pasted below.
                                                                   regards
                                                                 Animesh
      =====================================

Orion/2.0.2 initialized
      Start of the Contact example
      Connecting to the EPP Server and getting the greeting
      com.tucows.oxrs.epp0705.rtk.EPPClient.connectAndGetGreeting() {Fri Aug 26 10:09:
      04 IST 2005}[1] : [java.io.IOException] [error constructing MAC: java.security.N
      oSuchProviderException: JCE cannot authenticate the provider BC]
      java.io.IOException: error constructing MAC: java.security.NoSuchProviderExcepti
      on: JCE cannot authenticate the provider BC
              at com.tucows.oxrs.epp0705.rtk.transport.EPPTransportTCPTLS.connect(EPPT
      ransportTCPTLS.java:179)
              at com.tucows.oxrs.epp0705.rtk.EPPClient.connect(EPPClient.java:452)
              at com.tucows.oxrs.epp0705.rtk.EPPClient.connectAndGetGreeting(EPPClient
      .java:657)
              at __jspPage1_confirm_jsp._jspService(__jspPage1_confirm_jsp.java:90)
              at com.orionserver.http.OrionHttpJspPage.service(.:70)
              at com.evermind._ay._rkb(.:5741)
              at com.evermind.server.http.JSPServlet.service(.:31)
              at com.evermind._cub._pod(.:521)
              at com.evermind._cub._bmc(.:177)
              at com.evermind._ax._ltc(.:666)
              at com.evermind._ax._uab(.:191)
              at com.evermind._bf.run(.:62)
      Exception! [java.io.IOException] [error constructing MAC: java.security.NoSuchPr
      oviderException: JCE cannot authenticate the provider BC]
      java.io.IOException: error constructing MAC: java.security.NoSuchProviderExcepti
      on: JCE cannot authenticate the provider BC
      ransportTCPTLS.java:179)
              at com.tucows.oxrs.epp0705.rtk.EPPClient.connect(EPPClient.java:452)
      .java:657)
              at __jspPage1_confirm_jsp._jspService(__jspPage1_confirm_jsp.java:90)

• eric wang

eric wang - 2005-08-26

The exception was caused by incorrect setup of your SSL/ cryptography environment. Since you choose an alternative cryptography package provider the .jar file must be signed by SUN to fulfill the JDK security requirement.

• animesh

animesh - 2005-08-27

Sir,
           i've added
      static int added = Security.addProvider(new BouncyCastleProvider()); its adding to java.security file.......
      pls tell me the steps to setup SSL/ cryptography environment. which .jar file to be used and how to make it signed by SUN to fulfill the JDK security requirement.
                      thanks
                              animesh

• animesh

animesh - 2005-08-30

i have resolved this error..........

• animesh

animesh - 2005-09-28

Hello Sir,
      i've started the project after studying the example.We have orion server and we are using JSPs now its calling the classes but an error comes while connecting.....i can't resolve it pls help me. the error is pasted below.
      regards
      Animesh
      =====================================

Orion/2.0.2 initialized
      ..........in tcptls connect
      com.tucows.oxrs.epp0705.rtk.EPPClient.connectAndGetGreeting() {Thu Sep 29 06:16:
      36 GMT+05:30 2005}[1] : [java.net.ConnectException] [Connection timed out: conne
      ct]
      java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
              at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
              at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
              at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
              at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
              at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
              at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
              at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
              at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
              at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketFactoryImpl.createSocket(Unknow
      n Source)
      ransportTCPTLS.java:206)
              at com.tucows.oxrs.epp0705.rtk.EPPClient.connect(EPPClient.java:459)
      .java:664)
              at __jspPage1_confirm_jsp._jspService(__jspPage1_confirm_jsp.java:96)
      Exception! [java.net.ConnectException] [Connection timed out: connect]
      java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
              at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
              at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
              at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
              at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
              at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
              at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
              at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
              at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
              at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketFactoryImpl.createSocket(Unknow
      n Source)
      ransportTCPTLS.java:206)
              at com.tucows.oxrs.epp0705.rtk.EPPClient.connect(EPPClient.java:459)
      .java:664)
              at __jspPage1_confirm_jsp._jspService(__jspPage1_confirm_jsp.java:96)

• animesh

animesh - 2005-09-28

i've changed the DEFAULT_SOCKET_TIMEOUT to 480000 but still this error is there

• Daniel Manley

Daniel Manley - 2005-09-28

you will endlessly wait if you're trying to connect to a server which has a firewall blocking you.  it won't say connection refused - it'll just sit there and wait.

• animesh

animesh - 2005-10-12

Hello Sir, 
      Thanks very much for the quick reply. Sir, can i use the examples to build the epp application?the examples cover all the features?can i user the portions of examples in my jsp? because the java files are too hard to learn and it will take much time.pls suggest me is it good to use examples in jsps?
      We have orion server and we are using JSPs   regards 
      Animesh 

• animesh

animesh - 2005-10-14

Hello Sir, 
      i've started the project after studying the example.We have orion server and we are using JSPs now its calling the classes but an error comes while connecting.....i can't resolve it pls help me. the error is pasted below. pls help me out
      regards 
      Animesh 

this is printed on orion console.

Orion/2.0.2 initialized
      com.tucows.oxrs.epp0705.rtk.transport.EPPTransportTCP.readBufferSize() {Fri Oct 14 18:02:33 IST 2005}[1] : EOF reading buffer size.

This error is printed on JSP file on execution

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xerces/dom/DocumentImpl    at com.tucows.oxrs.epp0705.rtk.EPPClient.getGreeting(EPPClient.java:716)    at com.tucows.oxrs.epp0705.rtk.EPPClient.connectAndGetGreeting(EPPClient.java:666)    at /confirm.jsp._jspService(/confirm.jsp.java:96) (JSP page line 50)    at com.orionserver[Orion/2.0.2 (build 11157)].http.OrionHttpJspPage.service(.:70)    at com.evermind[Orion/2.0.2 (build 11157)]._ay._rkb(.:5741)    at com.evermind[Orion/2.0.2 (build 11157)].server.http.JSPServlet.service(.:31)    at com.evermind[Orion/2.0.2 (build 11157)]._cub._pod(.:521)    at com.evermind[Orion/2.0.2 (build 11157)]._cub._bmc(.:177)    at com.evermind[Orion/2.0.2 (build 11157)]._ax._ltc(.:666)    at com.evermind[Orion/2.0.2 (build 11157)]._ax._uab(.:191)    at com.evermind[Orion/2.0.2 (build 11157)]._bf.run(.:62)

• animesh

animesh - 2005-11-07

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for the reply we are using epp0705 and at 453 of EPPXMLBASE.java is the code written below, how it is coming null , is it connected to the egistry or not pls help me out,or it is the problem of the parser.

parser.parse(new InputSource(new ByteArrayInputStream(xml_.getBytes())));
              Document document = parser.getDocument();

thanks & regards
                                                                                                   animesh

this is printed on orion console. >==================================== [root@registerit orion]# java -jar orion.jar>Orion/2.0.2 initialized
      in EPPClient getGreeting() calling readFromServer()
      in try EPPClient readFromServer()
      in try readFromServer()
      in try readBufferSize()in len < 0 readBufferSize()com.tucows.oxrs.epp0705.rtk.transport.EPPTransportTCP.readBufferSize() {Mon Oct 17 14:32:50 IST 2005}[1] : EOF reading buffer size.
      in try after calling readFromServer()in len <=0 after calling readFromServer()
      in xml/EPPGreeting try fromXML()
      in xml/EPPXMLBASE getDocumantElement()Exception! [java.lang.NullPointerException] [null]java.lang.NullPointerException>        at com.tucows.oxrs.epp0705.rtk.xml.EPPXMLBase.getDocumen>tElement(EPPXMLBase.java:453)        at com.tucows.oxrs.epp0705.rtk.xml.EPPGreeting.fromXML(EPPGreeting.java:180)        at com.tucows.oxrs.epp0705.rtk.EPPClient.getGreetig(EPPClient.java:721)        at com.tucows.oxrs.epp0705.rtk.EPPClient.connectAndGetGreeting(EPPClient.java:669)        at __jspPage0_confirm_jsp._jspService(__jspPage0_confirm_jsp.java:96)        at com.orionserver.http.OrionHttpJspPage.service(.:70)        at com.evermind._ay._rkb(.:5741)at com.evermind.server.http.JSPServlet.service(.:31)        at com.evermind._cub._pod(.:521)       at com.evermind._cub._bmc(.:177)        at com.evermind._ax._ltc(.:666)       at com.evermind._ax._uab(.:191)        at com.evermind._bf.run(.:62)

• animesh

animesh - 2005-12-21

is it neccessary to use SSL and TCPTLS to connect with the registry server if server is using SSL. what is a server certificate? they asked me to get some X509 server certificate from thawte.
                                                 regards
                                                   animesh

• eric wang

eric wang - 2005-12-21

The EPP protocol requires registrar and registry mutually verify each party's certificate. You must have a valid certificate in order to communicate with registry epp server, and you can obtain it from thawte, verisign or other CA.

• animesh

animesh - 2005-12-29

can we connect to the registry without using x.509 certificate? or can we make x.509 certificate at our end..or it can be purchased only.please help me out.
                             regards
                                   animesh

• mortierm

mortierm - 2005-12-29

of course you can, but only if the registry can't need a X.509 certificat to identified you :)

in most of case, you must use an X.509 certificate :
        an X.509 certificat is a certificat delivered by an authoritativ organisation, which identified you and only you.

• animesh

animesh - 2006-01-02

A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO U & ALL UR LOVED ONES.
      thanks for the quick reply , is there any way to bypass that x.509 cert requirement because it is taking time to aquire the cert. can i use the portions of exmaples to build my application please help me out.
                         regards
                               animesh

• animesh

animesh - 2006-01-31

sir,
          We have bought X.509 server certificate from thawte, please tell what are the next steps to be followed.how to use that certificare so that we can get connected to the ote1.inregistry.net.what r the changes to be made and where those changes to be made.please help us.
                                regards
                                      animesh