Menu

Issue with illegal characters in TV Station name

Help
2020-04-21
2020-04-23
  • Paul Jordan

Paul Jordan - 2020-04-21

Hi Steve,

Australian ABC has a channel called "ABCComedy/Kids". When saving the xmltv it uses that exact namimg for the TV Logo filename eg:
    "C:\Users\jordy\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\Channel Logos\ABCComedy/Kids.png".
    This is obviously an issue for the file system (windows).
    I have changed the Station Name in EPGC to "ABCComedy Kids" but this does not transfer to the xmltv file.

Any chance of getting this fixed - eg where there is a changed Station name, it gets reflected in the Logo name in the xmltv file.

Thanks

jordy

• s armstrong

s armstrong - 2020-04-21

Paul,

Read the recent thread titled "Wmc import issues" specifically the references to "replace text".

You should be able to replace the / with some innocuous character. What I don't know is when in the process it happens so that it would fix the file naming issue.

• Paul Jordan

Paul Jordan - 2020-04-22

Thanks for the suggestion. I already thought of that but as Steve says, that is restricted to program title/subtitles.

cheers Paul

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2020-04-21

You can't edit channel names with the Edit tab - that's only for programme entries.

Probably better than using a new channel name is for EPGC to replace any illegal path character in the logo path with say '_'.

• Paul Jordan

Paul Jordan - 2020-04-22

Yes Steve, thats probably the best way to do it. ' _ ' would do the trick just fine thanks

jordy

Last edit: Paul Jordan 2020-04-22
  • Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2020-04-22

Where exactly are these logos coming from ie what's your input data?

Last edit: Steve Bickell 2020-04-22
    • Paul Jordan

Paul Jordan - 2020-04-22

EIT data. The path ("C:\Users\jordy\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\Channel Logos\ABCComedy/Kids.png") came from the xmltv file produced by epgc.

Logo Images were sourced online by myself. I usee to have an app for it but that cesaed working some time ago - when I upgraded to Win10 I think.

Last edit: Paul Jordan 2020-04-22
  • Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2020-04-22

Can you try the attached version.

Any illegal filename characters in the channel name are now replaced with underscore.

• Paul Jordan

Paul Jordan - 2020-04-23

Works a treat. Excellent!

Thanks