Menu

new zealand - stopped collecting data for 2x mux

Help
Ivan
2023-08-25
2023-08-25
  • Ivan

Ivan - 2023-08-25

hi, I'm in New Zealand, and have been using epgcollector successfully for many years.
    in the last week something has changed, whereby we only get data for 1/3 muxes .
    here we have 3 main channels (tvnz, tv3, prime). all the prime channels are populating, but tvnz and tv3 ones show " No data received "
    happy to post logs if this is the right place to be asking these questions?

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2023-08-25

Post the log.

• Ivan

Ivan - 2023-08-25

thanks Steve.

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2023-08-25

You should collect EIT data these days, not MHEG5.

Apart from changing the type of data from memory the only other change I think you need is to set the 'use FreeSat Huffman tables..." on the Advanced Parameters dialog.

Last edit: Steve Bickell 2023-08-25
    • Ivan

Ivan - 2023-08-25

oh wow.. had no idea.. I'll hunt thru to see where I do that.. thank you :-)

• Ivan

Ivan - 2023-08-25

I've adjusted, and it is populating thanks.. I hadn't found the huffman tables syntax (had been editing this in notepad++ previously, so actually forgot how to use the editor, heh).
      and ran it and it does populate, but all the data has huffman table info suspect that's why you suggest I change.

have found the editor option and adjusted, but now see
      "<e> Index was outside the bounds of the array"</e>

things have clearly changed a bit since I set this up so many years ago... may have to start from the beginning.. will view the documentation

Last edit: Ivan 2023-08-25
  • Ivan

Ivan - 2023-08-25

thanks for the assist.. I guess the legacy setup worked for a long time... not sure when it all changed cos.. why would we be looking to fix something not broken? heh. all good now.