Menu

Unable to Save settings

Chris J
2022-12-12
2022-12-14
  • Chris J

Chris J - 2022-12-12

Have been using EPG Collector for many years on Windows 8.1 without a problem. I am now testing it on a clean install of Windows 10 and it refuses to save changes with "Incorrect Data" in the log.
    I uninstalled EPG Collector and deleted anything left and did a clean install. I enabled Sat>IP and selected Freesat under Create Collection Parameters and the result is in the attached log!

Chris

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2022-12-12

Can you post your ini file.

• Chris J

Chris J - 2022-12-13

My live system running Windows 8.1 has hardware dvb-s tuners so I am trying to use the sat>ip tuner to get it working on a Windows 10 disk. I uninstalled EPG Collector and deleted the remaining EPG Collector directories. I did clean install of latest version. I selected "Create new collection parameters" then selected "UK Freesat" which created the current setup!
    Tuners 1&2 are used for live tv via TV Headend on a RPi4 so trying to use one of the unused tuners for tests. I do have a working DVB-T2 tuner but it is not connected at the moment.

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2022-12-13

When you create your FreeSat parameters does the Sat>IP server appear in the Tuners box?

• Chris J

Chris J - 2022-12-13

The Digibit SAT>IP tuner is listed with SAT>IP frontend "Not used". If I Run "Collect EPG Data" it says its using Tuner 1 but does not find a signal but its actually using tuner 4! If I try to set the frontend to tuner 4 this is when the "save" problem starts!

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2022-12-13

No I mean is it listed in the Tuners box on the Tuning tab when you try to create the FreeSat parameters.

When you configure Sat>IP you should leave frontend as dynamic.

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2022-12-14

Can you try the attached version.

• Chris J

Chris J - 2022-12-14

The new version did not make any difference.
    In answer to the question yesterday in the Tuners tab the Digibit sat>ip server is listed.
    There is a Satip Enabled file. It had Frontend=4 from when I enabled SAT>IP. If I enable SAT>IP with defaults it uses tuner 1.
    Log is from clean install of the new EPG Collector then Enable SAT>IP then select Freesat!