Menu

Missing channels

Fritzelly
2018-07-22
2018-08-07
  • Fritzelly

Fritzelly - 2018-07-22

Hi
    I've noticed after just installing this that there are a few channels missing like Paramount, Spike+1, My5

How do I add these in - does the software run a blind scan or is it a list of known channels?

Thanks

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2018-07-23

It picks them up from the broadcast.

Attach the EPG Collector log file to a post so I can tell what you are trying to collect.

• Chris J

Chris J - 2018-07-23

Just to add that My5 is now 5Select and Spike+1 is 5Spike+1 and that Paramount Network is on COM4 Freeview Channel 57 and there is EPG data. However it looks like Paramount may have replaced Spike+1!!

• Fritzelly

Fritzelly - 2018-07-23

Will check that Chris, thanks but Spike+1 does still exist.
    Log attached

• Fritzelly

Fritzelly - 2018-07-23

I had to manually add Paramount
    truTV+1 is missing as well

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2018-07-24

I've noticed the latest Freestat transport stream dump I have is from June 2016.

Could you use EPG Centre to do a 60 sec transport stream dump, upload it somewhere and post the link.

• Fritzelly

Fritzelly - 2018-07-28

My link shows waiting moderation, can you see it?

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2018-07-28

Sorry, I didn't notice it. I'll take a look today.

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2018-07-29

Did you dump 11428H?

There are no FreeSat channels in that ts file.

• Fritzelly

Fritzelly - 2018-07-30

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2018-08-02

I've processed that file and the channels you mention are not present as part of FreeSat. I also passed the file to someone to process with some different software (MediaPortal) and they came up with the same results.

So the channels maybe available to view but are not part of the FreeSat broadcast.

• Fritzelly

Fritzelly - 2018-08-03

Yeah I understand they are not official freesat but are free to view
    So there is no way to get a 7 day listing for them? in the grabber it has an option for Sky or Freesat, would selecting Sky work?

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2018-08-03

You could use EPG Centre to do a channel scan of the Sky frequency and see if the channels you are looking for show up. You can load the default Sky UK parameters into EPG Centre to do the scan.

If they are there, exclude all the others and do a Sky collection in addition to the FreeSat collection.

• Fritzelly

Fritzelly - 2018-08-07

Will try that thanks, only problem is Paramount doesn't show up at all in a scan - dunno if that is broadcast issue, think so