Menu

WMC not EPG collector question

2020-03-18
2020-03-18
  • s armstrong

s armstrong - 2020-03-18

Hoping someone on here might have ideas to try:

Created a new partition on my ssd/system drive for AppData so that my system backups don't have the guide images and other transient app data in them. I had originally moved it to my data/spinning drive but unfortunately that made the guide image fetches pretty slow. Everything worked as expected when AppData was on a folder within the data drive, but images don't seem to appear in the new partition/folder setup so I think it is a wmc permissions issue. I did explicitly grant all rights to all users I could find (including everyone) to the new folder structure and then restarted the PC.

I did rerun epgCollector after changing EPG_data_Dir Env variable and confirmed that MXF file images have correct paths. Have tried rebooting, logging on/off, and restarting WMC.

Does WMC use the logged in user, some special system user, or ???
    Any other ideas?

Thanks much!

• s armstrong

s armstrong - 2020-03-18

OK, before anybody wastes time on this. Noticed in the mxf file the image references get changed to a unc format similar to "file=//f:/appdata/..." I'm not sure if that is a valid unc reference when "f:" is a local drive. Need to do some more testing and research.

Last edit: s armstrong 2020-03-18