Menu

system="dd_progid"

Chris J
2015-03-18
2015-03-21
  • Chris J

Chris J - 2015-03-18

Is there a setting in EPG Collector that gives the output ( <episode-num system="dd_progid"> ) in the XML file instead of the default ( <episode-num system="xmltv_ns"> )?

I have been using EPG Collector on UK DVB-T Freeview with NextPVR for a while because the default DVB EPG setting does not extract the unique_id from the data stream which is used by PVRs to avoid duplicate recordings. Importing the XML EPG file into NextPVR has worked well although I have to process the file first to remove "series_id" which NextPVR cannot deal with.

Unfortunately the latest version of NextPVR was changed to produce a different default "unique_id" format. However by changing the setting to (system="dd_progid") NextPVR reverts to the original format. If all else fails I can do a find and replace to make the change to the TVguide.xml file!!

Chris

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2015-03-18

No sorry there isn't a setting.

I can put in a 'NextPVR compatability' option if it would help. I'll be releasing a fixpack in the next few days and I could include it then.

Show me exactly what the episode-num tag needs to look like.

• Chris J

Chris J - 2015-03-21

Steve thanks for your offer to add the feature but its just not worth doing I suspect I am probably the only user with this problem and I can work around it using a simple "find and replace" script.

I think most other UK NextPVR users who want the "unique_id" data download the EPG from the Internet. As I mentioned UK Freeview also transmits "series_id" as well as "unique _id" but NextPVR reads the combined characters as "unique_id" which is why I pre process the file to remove the "series_id".

Thanks again for the offer.

Chris