Menu

Dissapearing .ini file

Chris J
2016-02-27
2016-03-09
  • Chris J

Chris J - 2016-02-27

I recently bought a DVB-S2 card so now have a Freeview.ini and Freesat.ini file. EPG Collector 4.3 is run from Task Scheduler so I copied the ini files to Temp to give a short path while testing. However after each EPG update the files dissapear so have had to make them read only.

Several weeks ago someone had what I thought was a similar problem and a new install was produced which was supposed to fix the problem. I reinstalled using the new installer and have the latest fix pack but the files dissapear if I forget to make the file read only after any change.

Chris

Last edit: Chris J 2016-02-27
  • Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2016-02-27

There's nothing in the collection process that will delete an ini file regardless of where it is located.

Attach both ini files, the command file used to run them and the EPG Collector log file to a post.

• Chris J

Chris J - 2016-03-09

The dissapearing ini files happened several times over several days on the test server I setup on a Windows 8.1 PC to write scripts to download both Freesat and Freeview EPG xml files to load into NextPVR. However since I copied the files to the server which runs Windows 8.0 I have not seen the problem again.

I certainly had problems starting EPG Collector from Task Scheduler in Windows 8.1 because by default it is run with admin privaleges even if set to run as User. When a new task is created it is set configured for Vista by default so it has to be changed to Windows 8.1 after which it runs as User. I checked this on three installs of Windows 8.1 including a clean install.

So not seen the problem since running setup on Windows 8!!

Chris

• Chris J

Chris J - 2016-03-09

The dissapearing ini files happened several times over several days on the test server I setup on a Windows 8.1 PC to write scripts to download both Freesat and Freeview EPG xml files to load into NextPVR. However since I copied the files to the server which runs Windows 8.0 I have not seen the problem again.

I certainly had problems starting EPG Collector from Task Scheduler in Windows 8.1 because by default it is run with admin privaleges even if set to run as User. When a new task is created it is set configured for Vista by default so it has to be changed to Windows 8.1 after which it runs as User. I checked this on three installs of Windows 8.1 including a clean install.

So not seen the problem since running setup on Windows 8!!

Chris