Menu

Maven 1

Developers
Arash
2007-10-02
2013-05-09
  • Arash

Arash - 2007-10-02

I tried to use Maven 1 plugin and when I run the emma:test  I got this response from maven:
    java:compile:
        [echo] Compiling to C:\cygwin\home\usr\src\whatson\common/target/emma/classes
    emma:init:
    Overriding previous definition of reference to emma.classpath

emma:instr:
        [echo] Performing Emma instrumentation
    processing instrumentation path ...
    instrumentation path processed in 190 ms
    [0 class(es) instrumented, 0 resource(s) copied]
    no output created: metadata is empty

I didn't set anything to my configuration, just added the emma plugin. Anything I need to change to make it work?

• Chad Woolley

Chad Woolley - 2007-10-02

Hi,

I haven't even looked at this plugin in years.  Are there still people on Maven 1?  Last time I tried to build an old maven 1 project it wouldn't even work because all the central repositories had disappeared, and I'm not doing Java anymore so I never played with Maven 2.

Anyway, I know there has been work on maven 2 plugins and I'm pretty sure there are working and up-to-date Maven2 emma plugins out there.  If upgrading to maven 2 is an option I'd try that.

If you must use maven 1, my only advice is to debug into the plugin source and see what is getting passed to the underlying EMMA invocation, and why it isn't working. 

Alternately, you can figure out how to invoke emma manually, and just run that command manually from your maven build.  That's really all the plugin is doing.

Sorry, I can't offer much more help than that.

Good Luck,
      -- Chad

• Arash

Arash - 2007-10-02

Well, big corporations - like the one I am working in- have so much inertia that it takes a lot of effort to make an upgrade. Besides Maven 1.1 is just released one month ago, so it is not that dead! :)
      Thanks for you points I will try to dig in the code and figure out what is happening.