Menu

cannot locate coverage.ec

2004-07-08
2013-05-09
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,

I have set up emma to work on an Apache port. When I start the Jserv, I can see "collecting runtime coverage data ..." in the log. But I cannot find coverage.ec file generated.
    I have specified the path in the jvm parameters
    -Dcoverage.out.file=/home/emma/coverage.ec

Am I missing anything?
    Regards.
    --Vishal

• Vlad Roubtsov

Vlad Roubtsov - 2004-07-08

If the property comes from "emma.properties" classpath resource, you don't use the "emma" prefix (because it's redundant):

coverage.out.file=...

If you set the same property as a JVM system property, since the system namespace is shared by the entire JVM, the property needs to be prefixed:

-Demma.coverage.out.file=...

• fmamedbekov

fmamedbekov - 2004-07-08

Run the search on your home and wherewher Java is installed volumes.  I have specified incomplete location once, searched for the coverage file, and reverse engineered my build.xml.
      Farhad

• Vlad Roubtsov

Vlad Roubtsov - 2004-07-08

Searching for this file should not be necessary. If you know which Java home is used for your runtime, the default location is that jre's home dir. If you need to change the default, the emma.properties or -D... JVM setting solutions will work.

If you don't know your JRE home in the first place, your test setup needs further work (since you don't seem to have control over which exact Java version is used by your tests). I routinely have multiple JREs installed on my machines and never rely on the default command line "java" for testing, I alway select it via an explicit path or an env var setting.

• Sri

Sri - 2011-11-16

I have the same problem .I have put the path in the run.sh and it was working on my location station .When I stop the server it is generating the coverage.ec  in jboss/bin folder of my local workstation but when I took specific env  it is not working.Any idea..
    APpreciate if anybody helps me in this issue