Menu

Wrong Root CA Name in firefox

kezuzu
2012-07-27
2013-02-18
  • kezuzu

kezuzu - 2012-07-27

Morning all,

I have installed jboss 5.1.0.GA  and ejbca 4.0.10. I am using firefox 11.0 for accessing admin web.  All applications are sitting on ubuntu12.

I have successfully created a browser certificate and installed it on Firefox. but when I go to view my certificates in Firefox the root CA name is "null1" - its not showing the correct name for the root CA.  The root certificate is also not showing issuer details when I view certificate details.

Please assist.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-07-27

Hi Kezuzu,

Have you installed the superadmin.p12 certificate from the P12 subdirectory in Firefox?
    Can you login to EJBCA using Firefox?

Anders
    PrimeKey tech support

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-07-27

I guess the answer is yes on my questions.
    Then you should be able to see the root, otherwise Firefox would complain.

Anders

• kezuzu

kezuzu - 2012-07-27

Hi,

I have done all of that and I can login to the web admin using the new certificate. But my problem is that when I go to firefox to view my CA is gives null1 for root CA name. Why is it not giving the correct root CA name? Do I need to activate/enable something in order to see correct CA name and details?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-07-27

It is possible that your CA actually is null1!   If not there is something wrong with your firefox.  Firefox wouldn't import a malformed certificate.  CA subject DN can be fund using admin GUI.

Anders

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-07-27

You should rather lookup the SuperAdmin cert and view the path there.

Anders

• kezuzu

kezuzu - 2012-07-27

I just tested the certificate using google chrome,  i still get "null1" for root CA name.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-07-27

please check the superadmin cert which you use for logging in to EBCA

• kezuzu

kezuzu - 2012-07-27

How do I check it and what am i looking for - please give me details. I am still new in PKI/EJBCA.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-07-30

Could yóu begin with just looking up the certificate firefox?

Tools-Options-Advanced-Encryption-View Certificates-Your certificates

There you will see at least one EJBCA root in clear using the View command

Anders

• kezuzu

kezuzu - 2012-08-13

Hi,

I have re-installed jboss/ejbca, and installed the superadmin.p12 in the browser. I get the error " Connection is Untursted" when login to the admin GUI. Did i miss any step? Why is the EJBCA rejecting the superadmin.12 certificate?

Thank you

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-08-13

It sounds to me that it is Firefox that complains.  You need to edit trust in Tools-Options-Advanced-Encryption-View Certificates-Authorities for the EJBCA CA.

BTW, did you fixed the "null" CA?

Anders
    tech support

• kezuzu

kezuzu - 2012-08-13

I am still getting the same message even after making the RootCA trusted in firefox. I have also tested on Internet Explorer, there i get a message  to " Grant or Deny Application permission to use this key"

I did not manage to fix the "null" CA error - thats why i decided to re-install. I think the problem was that i created a new CA and used it to issue admin keys and deleted the initial CA.

Thank you

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-08-13

if you accept the complaint by Firefox can you login?
    For Internet Explorer, say grant and see what happens.

anders

• kezuzu

kezuzu - 2012-08-13

Yes, I do manage to login with Firefox after "Adding and Confirming Security Exception"

After clicking Grant on Internet Explorer  it takes me to the next page, with the error " There is a problem with this website Security Certificate" - then after clicking " continue to this website" - I manage to login.

Thank you

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-08-13

If you had edited trust with authenticating server you should not have had to set a security exception.

but it's nice that it is working!

anders

• kezuzu

kezuzu - 2012-08-22

Hi,

I managed to solve the null1 CAName - the problem was caused by a wrong subject DN.

Thank you