Code from database

Help
2010-03-23
2013-04-29
  • Jan Leimbach

Jan Leimbach - 2010-03-23

Hi guys,

thanks for the great tool.
    I need to show and edit javascript and html code, that is not stored in the fileystem. Instead it's stored in a mysql table.
    I need a few hints, where things are, I need to customize. Maybe this is a developer question.

Thanks in advance.

Jan

• QL Studio

QL Studio - 2010-03-23

HI Jan,

seems a pretty good question, but I'm sorry to say that, at least at the moment, this is outside of my intended use for ecoder - I'd be very happy to see this improvement made and I'm sure many others would find it useful.

The code is really pretty basic, if you've got experience of PHP - ignore the javascript, this should not need many if any changes - simply look first at the tree ( on the left ) and change the way that this list is populated - add a variable switch to allow it to pull info from a DB and not directly from the filesystem - of course you'll need to do all the DB set-up and security.

then, still in the tree system, change the call that opens the files to edit - this now moves to the "edit" section of the system - this should work the same as currently, but you'll need to adjust the "save" section to take your passed info and reinsert it into your DB.. I think this should not be such a massive task to take on.

If you get this done, I would be great to have your code to offer in a future release of the program.

If you have any other questions, just ask.

cheers.