Great Tutorials For Beginners

prateep
2010-05-17
2013-04-09
  • prateep

prateep - 2010-05-17

I should say thanks to Mark Dexter.
    Hi,
    Please ask Mark Dexter to produce these type of projects for J2EE for Eclipse.

His explanation for earlier tuts was awesome.

• mike yang

mike yang - 2010-05-20

I downloaded the files(zip), but none of them can be open. I am using a mac. can anyone help, would really like to get my hands on java and eclipse. thanks guys

• Justin Payne

Justin Payne - 2010-05-22

You downloaded the files? You mean the tutorials? They are Flash based and although I'm not familiar with the Macs (Unless it's a 68000 based one), I am familiar with Steve Jobs hatred towards Adobe's Flash. After doing a quick search for "Play SWF on Macs", I found this "http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/video/swfflvplayer.html".
    Since these Flash movies are intended to be hosted in a browser Window, if the browser you're using doesn't have a Flash plug in, you next option is to open the Flash tutorial in the SWF Player. For instance, just navigate to the directory where you have SWF file and just open it.
    As far as getting Java (I'd get the JDK) and Eclipse, that's pretty simple to find. 

• Justin Payne

Justin Payne - 2010-05-22

Wow. These are awesome. I'm not new to programming but I don't do it as much as I should so the skills get a little rusty. These tutorials were presents very well and helped me to understand certain things of Eclipse that I haven't been exposed to.
    I'd love to see a Design Patterns tutorial. I have a great book but I'm more of a visual person.

• mike yang

mike yang - 2010-05-24

thanks, justinpayne! yes, i downloaded the files and they are all in zip format. when i tried to unzip them, i got an errors. i also tried it on the windows. no luck. changed the .zip to .swf and .flv, no luck neither. pls any other advice? thanks!

• Justin Payne

Justin Payne - 2010-05-25

Exactly which Zip are you finding that is corrupt? I recently downloaded and unzipped all of them and didn't have any issues. I'm used WinRAR instead of Winzip. Another option might be 7up to unzip them. Try WinRAR and tell me what you experience.

• mike yang

mike yang - 2010-05-25

i have downloaded totalbeginnerlesson01.zip to 16 and also totalbeginnerlesson14_hu,zip. none of them can be opened.

• mike yang

mike yang - 2010-05-27

justinpayne : Thanks! it works now. I think there is a corrupted files on the main page. but when I use the link you show, it works

• Justin Payne

Justin Payne - 2010-05-27

Cool!
    Yea, just get all of them under the FILES tab and you should be good.