Menu

Problems with cabal-dev

Help
gidyn
2013-04-22
2013-05-07
  • gidyn

gidyn - 2013-04-22

I have a shared package (core 0.2) used by two other packages in my workspace, gtk and wx. Each of them has a dependency declared on core >=0.2. I also have cabal-dev set.

There are no problems with gtk, but build-wrapper keeps on complaining that cabal failed for wx - missing dependency core >=0.2. This disappears after a clean, but usually comes back after restarting eclipse (without having made any changes).

Last edit: gidyn 2013-04-24
  • gidyn

gidyn - 2013-04-22

Last edit: gidyn 2013-04-24
  • gidyn

gidyn - 2013-04-23

I just tried removing the version number from the dependency, and still doesn't work :-(

• JP Moresmau

JP Moresmau - 2013-04-23

Does binding-gtk properly indicates that binding-core is a reference project in the project properties?

• gidyn

gidyn - 2013-04-23

Yes. I can't find any significant difference between this and the other dependant project, which does work.

• gidyn

gidyn - 2013-04-23

I'm also now getting the dreaded
    You need to re-run the 'configure' command. The version of Cabal being used has changed (was Cabal-1.16.0.3, now Cabal-1.14.0).
    This is after reinstalling cabal-install, cabal-dev, and build-wrapper. I don't know where it's getting Cabal-1.14 from - this is in the system package database, but Cabal-1.16.0.3 is in the user database, and eclipeFP is configured to use the Cabal-1.16.0.3 version.

Last edit: gidyn 2013-04-23
  • gidyn

gidyn - 2013-04-23

Hmmm... if I try to unregister the old Cabal, ghc warns me that this will break build-wrapper! Is it using the older version because that's what's used by ghc? In which case, the advice in the faq needs to be updated - rebuilding build-wrapper won't fix this, EclipseFP needs to be configured to use the same version of Cabal that ghc came with. This also seems to have fixed the dependency problem.

Incidentally, is there any other way of determining which dependency a package was compiled against?

• JP Moresmau

JP Moresmau - 2013-05-07

I don't know about your last question, no. I've updated the FAQ to explain in more detail what's going on.