Menu

plugin and dynamic view

Help
Anonymous
2011-04-18
2013-04-06
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-04-18

I worked with CVS and SVN for seven years and I am pretty good with them. Now I am in a job where I have to use clearcase.

So I created a view on the server. On my local windows machine mounted the necessary vobs, started my view on z: Our projects do not have .project files. So I created a project in my eclipse workspace and imported code from z:. Now I clicked on clearcase menu and associated project with clearcase. However when I look at properties for a java file, it says "not a clearcase element". I am not sure where I am making a mistake.

Could anybody tell me what exactly I am missing here? If you could please give a step by step breakdown of the process. Thank you.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-04-18

Never mind. I realized my mistake.

For Future Reference: Importing code from dynamic view does not work. Instead use "link sources" feature to link to source code in dynamic view.

• Mikael Petterson

Hi,

Importing a project that exists in clearcase works fine. The codition is that the .project and .classpath are cc elements.
    Then you can do Import project and use the path to the project in the vob.

But I guess since you are used to cvs and svn you can share a project. You have been working on a project locally and then you want to add it to cvs/svn. This feature does not exist yet.  But I am wotrking on it Feature 3222730 Share project.

Hope that you enjoy the project.

br,

//mike

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-04-19

Thanks for the info. I am pretty new to clearcase and still trying to get my head wrapped around some of the arcane terminology. Thanks for all your efforts in making this plugin.

• Mikael Petterson

Hi,

You should know that you are always welcome to ask questions about the cc plugin and how it works.
    And of course come with suggestions on how to improve it.

br,

//mike