Menu

Does the plugin work with Snapshot views

Help
Jay Mallar
2012-03-13
2013-04-06
  • Jay Mallar

Jay Mallar - 2012-03-13

I'm using Eclipse 3.6 with the latest version of the plugin (2.2.14), but I am unable to associate a project with Clear Case.  It appears to do something, and label decorations (although empty) are added after my project name, when I view Properties -> Clear Case, it says "The selected resource is not a clear case element".  Is there a trick to getting snapshot views working?

• Mikael Petterson

Hi,

Thanks for showing interest in the plugin. The plugin works for snapshot views. Where are your files currently stored?

br,

//mike

• Jay Mallar

Jay Mallar - 2012-03-14

I used the plug-in for some time with base Clear Case and dynamic views, and was VERY impressed.  It worked, and worked well.

However, now that we've had to switch to using Clear Case Remote Client (CCRC) with Snapshot Views, the plugin doesn't appear to be working at all.  I'm going to venture a guess that you don't support CCRC views?

I've used CCRC to get a snapshot view on my local C:\ drive, and in my snapshot folder I've also got my .project and .classpath files.  The same structure works fine with the IBM plugin, but the IBM plugin is NOT very friendly or configurable, and it is actually making my job harder.  :)

• Mikael Petterson

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback ( don't forget to vote ;-)
    True the plugin does not support CCRC views. You need clearcase client installed. Then it supports view in base clearcase or ucm.

What is the reason for using ccrc? Is it not possible to use the clearcase client instead and work with base snapshot views.

Br,

//mike

• Jay Mallar

Jay Mallar - 2012-03-15

The company I work for is doing development in various locations across the globe, and this was the way they decided to set things up.  I cannot use the base client because they've restricted the branches to only be accessible via the CCRC tool.